1.05.2012

the ranch

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Some photos from our time out at Warner Springs for NYE and New Years Day. Lot's of music playing, animal snuggling, and food eating= a great time had by all. I didn't take any photos of when we went out and soaked in the hot springs on New Years Day (and checked out this really creepy old Spanish/ Indian church near the springs!). The hot springs are pretty authentic, I don't think they add any chlorine to the water so you get the maximum mineral content allowable. The springs definitely don't smell great (egg smell for days) but it's always worth it to take a dip.


Before lunch on New Years Day we went crystal hunting and I'm not sure what I was expecting but I thought it would be along the lines of beach combing for sea glass in that you can just pluck jewels off the ground like it ain't no thing. Uh, I was wrong. You definitely need to have an eye for it. There were lots of pieces of quartz, rose quartz, old bullet casings,  and black tourmaline but most of the pieces were so dime a dozen that they weren't worth picking up. I did find some cool pieces of mica and a few neat quartz crystals so all was not lost. Grant found a pointed crystal--lucky!


I have to run, my friends and I are indulging in a fried chicken dinner at Memphis! 50% off on Thursdays?! Best deal in Orange County!

19 comments:

  1. Happy New Years darling!
    Looks like you had a great time! I love your denim on denim outfit btw . . . I always envy those who can pull off wearing that!!! Oh, and love the picture of Lady Gaga . . . I laughed so much when I saw that on TV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun! There is a hot springs near my house that I would love to go to; and I definitely have had crystal hunting on my list of things I want to do too! You should pick up some Black Tourmaline next time you see it; it's great for protecting your body from the effects of cell phones and all the other nasty radio waves we get from technology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. crystal hunting?! that sounds magical.
    it looks like you had a great time! i wish i lived closer to southern california.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like great fun at the cabin! My friends and I too would play music sessions and play board games all night. & man, I've gotta go crystal hunting sometime sooon! Sounds like an adventure :)

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yayyy!! So fun! I love the shot of the stars and the one with the kitty :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fabulous NYE!! You look adorable! Love the photo of the kitty. ;)

    I hope 2012 treats you right, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First off, yum fried chicken, sadly did not have any when I was back home in the South. I'm loving these desert photos, what an unusual and fun way to spend NYE. Thank you for posting photos of the crystals, I was really curious what kind you'd find! At least the crystals were on the ground and you didn't have to chisel them out, I've always wanted to go diamond hunting but think it's pretty hard too as it's a lot of sifting through dirt and rubble.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely place to spend your NYE! This reminds me of the cabin we rented in Lake Tahoe this weekend that ended up being super retro!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crystal hunting? That sounds soo much fun! I love the cabin you guys stayed at, too. And that last photo is amazing. Happy New Year, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like an ideal setting! i love little cabins and what a great place to spend new years

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always look so cute! Isn't CA the best? Crystal hunting sounds amazing.



    I constantly check your blog but never stop in to say hello. . . so, hello! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. natural hot springs and animal cuddles sounds like a great way to spend a weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The ranch sure looks lovely, perfect to spend NYE with your friends and boyfriend! And oh my, crystal hunting? My boyfriend and I were talking about this some days ago, it would be awesome if only we had places like that in Italy! (haha, well, maybe we don't find crystals easily, but we do find ancient Roman coins and stuff)
    The pointed crystal looks amazing anyway.
    Life is a romantic poem

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nawwww, you and your manfriend are cute, you will make beautiful babies. Also, that house looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this actually sounds perfect. also your dudes are really cute ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just now getting to this post and lemme say, I wanna chill in that amazing living room with guitars and animals and beanie-topped boys!! Looks like such a fun time away, and a great New Year's Eve!! Love the garden and the crystals, too...its like another magical world!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great place to welcome the New Year, it seems. You know, it's great to leave the hustle and bustle of the city once in a while, and find a spot of nature like that. The sun and the sights greet you in a way that's truly refreshing...

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(