1.23.2012

saddle up the palomino

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Outfit Details:
Vintage flannel button up: thrifted
Vintage Levi's cords: pile sale
Vintage leather lace up boots: thrifted
Leather belt: has lived in my closet ever since forever

This weekend was a doozy. I, along with some friends, went up to Oakland to surprise my friend Masi for her birthday party. She had absolutely no idea we were coming. With some careful planning we managed to sneak onto her balcony, close the blinds, and wait while she and her boyfriend (who was in on the surprise) got something from the car.

We didn't realize that our shadows would be so obvious so when she walked into her living room and saw the shapes of three unknown people standing on her balcony she  started freaking because uhh who wouldn't if they saw something like that?! Anyway, she opened the blinds and started freaking out in an entirely different way and it was so funny and cute to see. She was so surprised and happy and it was just the best thing in the world :D


In other news, I've started updating the new store!! http://www.milkteeths.etsy.com! I will be updating little by little the entire week and soon I will be back to my regular sched of posting weekly store updates like I used to.  I know I mentioned something about  some so called"deals" on my last post and I am excited to announce that:


1. The first 15 domestic orders will receive FREE shipping! Use code "FIRST15"
2. The first 15 international orders will receive HALF OFF shipping! Discount will be in the form of a partial refund :)

Those are just the first few deals that will be going on but I actually have a few more tricks up my sleeve so stay tuned for 'em ;-)



23 comments:

  1. you look adorable! i adore your jeans. how are you so cute?

    Escape

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the store! and oakland! we were so close!
    and you're such a babe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my asdfg, amazing look. I'll have to check out the shop now!
    Love your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  4. THank you for reminding me I need a haircut. I LOVE whats going on on top of your head lately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh love your boots and outfit! :)
    Sounds like you had an awesome weekend, good thing your friend didn't try to shoot you guys or anything ;)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the high waisted denim! can't wait to go through your shop!!!

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a funny birthday surprise idea! I would have freaked out completely too!! Most likely I would have run away screaming leaving you alone in my living room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like so much fun!! I wish I had friends who would risk their lives and the chance of me pushing them off a balcony --haha

    I'm loving your keppy, which, in some circles, is yiddish for head. You have a cute keppy! And you're also really beautiful :) These photos are glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Androgyny FTW! The mannequin you're using for the store is so great... I really like the texture and color of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember those boots! Lovely. :) And that shirt rocks. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS. I love that you can get away with wearing a belt with your jeans. There are like only a handful who can get away with that these days. Lucky girl. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those boots are precious, I'm digging this look! I'm so happy your store is now open! I'll check it out ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this casual look. The boots and flannel are my favorite pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love your shoes and your shop! i dont usually buy much vintage offline since i buy so much here in miami but i just love your shop oh so much! im waiting for the perfect gem to make my 1st purchase... still thinking about that koala sweater haha!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's really fun way to surprise one's big day, paints smile on me. One tough chic, you look fab! Glad to have this style ideas in your blog.
    buy aion account

    ReplyDelete
  17. New shop already work! Great!

    Funny story with the surprise party :) I never had one. But I wolud like to :)

    You look totally "on me" :) I love this outfit! :))))

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. The store looks beautiful! Filled with lovely vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  19. you're rocking an androgynous look!:) i love how you carry yourself perfectly in any vintage look :)
    Rovie, http://thebargaindoll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(