2.13.2012

james river blues

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Outfit Details:
Vintage button up: thrifted
Vintage pleated skirt: thrifted
Black leather skinny belt: thrifted
Sandals: thrifted


Can't believe it, we're leaving for the Philippines on Sunday! I've been desperately hunting down shorts and lightweight dresses at the thrift store so I will be cramming my suitcase filled with these pieces. Average temperature in the Philippines right now is like 85 degrees 95% humidity. AHHH!! When I was younger I remember touching down in Manila and feeling the heat seep through the airplane. Suffice to say there will be handkerchiefs,  oil blotting sheets, and mattifying powder a plenty in my purse D:

Some things that I am excited for include: halo halo, jeepneys, seeing my relatives (all of whom live in the Philippines. Zero of them live in the US), straight up exploring, and my grandma's 80th birthday party!

I think I'll post a few more times before I leave Sunday but after that this blog will turn into a travel/fashion blog for a few weeks. Can't wait!

PS: ANYONE ELSE COMPLETELY OBSESSED WITH DOWNTON ABBEY?! I know it's old news for UK folks but can I just say holy cow at last night's episode!! I even had a dream last night that I was  a character in the show and it was so great. I think I woke up smiling. And unf!! at Cousin Matthew. Early 20th century dreamboat or is that just me?

25 comments:

  1. I really love this outfit. Have fun in the Philippines. xo
    -Daisy
    http://blooomingdaisies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo woo! excited for you! ha have you seen this? http://xkcd.com/1009/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, sounds like your going to embark on a pretty amazing trip. Happy travels and I'm looking forward to your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, excited for your trip! I'm 100% Filipina and I live in the Philippines, so it would be great to see my country through the eyes of a tourist--if I can even call you one, since you're Filipina too! But you get what I mean... :) And I love Downton Abbey as well! Particularly love the fashions, but I won't say no to Cousin Matthew too. :)

    x
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous you! I love the blouse & skirt together.

    Have a fantastic time abroad! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this! So beautiful, the colors are so perfect. This is wonderful, super great look!
    And have fun on your trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so gorgeous, the lighting in the first picture is beautiful! Have a safe & fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. have fun! I can't wait to see travel pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. UM EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS IS THE MOST PERFECT THING I'VE EVER SEEN EVER EVER. AND I LOVE IT.

    and i still have to watch downton.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This gives off such a vintage vibe! I absolutely love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely captured the era! Have fun in the phil girl! I haven't been there yet...but hopefully one day! I don't even know how to speak tagalog :S Do you?

    sherri

    www.sherriamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love everything about this outfit and I love that it is all thrifted. How awesome! Been following you for a while now. :) Visiting! Have fun in Philippines. I miss Philippines so much and I too miss halo-halo and Selecta Ice Cream. Oh! I wonder when in the world do we get to go back to Pinas again.

    Adin B

    ReplyDelete
  13. These pictures are amazing,love this outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. omg the first pic is pretty amazin'!!
    you're so beautiful
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've always wanted to go to the Philippines! Halo halo is soo good. There's a pork adobo place nearby my new apartment in the city. Yum! Have a safe trip and I can't wait to see all the summery photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yep, been watching Downton Abbey since the first episode, which is probably no surprise. I hope you have an excellent trip! Humidity sucks; I know living in DC where it's like 95% humidity too. It makes it feel so much hotter in the summer. But you will be fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. so freakin' cool! looks so vintage!!! have fun on your trip!!! i've been to thailand in july and it was pretty unbearable, the humidity! i can only imagine the Philippines might be a little better...or worse.

    nataliya
    sewniice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I also remember touching down in Trinidad ( my Mom's from there) and instantly feeling the blanket of humidity. And walking off the plane, forget about it. My hair instantly frizzes lol. Can't wait to see the pretty travel pics!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such stunning pictures, you look like you've stepped straight out of the 1940s. And have an amazing time in the Phillipines, I will be checking regularly for travel pics :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your hair look gorgeous and the photography is beautiful! Have you been styling your hair in a particular way? I'd love to know how you get the waves.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Completely jealous that you're going to the PI :( I remember too, stepping out of the airport and have that rush of humid air in your face....anyways, you are now making me craaave halo-halo lol

    Cheers

    Ps. Love the outfit too!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. In love with that first picture. And how exciting that you get to go there!

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(