3.05.2012

Laguna and Tagaytay

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Outfit Details:
 1960s tropical shift dress: estate sale
vintage espadrille flats: gift from Grant

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

About a week ago me and some of my family took a small trip down south to Laguna to stay at an amazing resort called Hidden Valley Springs (which is where the first half of these pictures were taken). Talk about a slice of paradise! A quick bit of geography for you: Laguna is south of Manila and near the Southern most point of the "main" island called Luzon. Driving through Laguna/ Batangas is a real treat because the area becomes much more lush and green when compared to the middle of the island. Lots of picturesque scenes of water buffalos in verdant fields of rice while towering, jungle covered volcanoes and mountains lurk in the background. One of the coolest parts of the resort was 1. they had cold and hot pools supplied with water from the many springs that run through the area. I really like how the pool area didn't look like a "pool" meaning the water wasn't fake bright blue. The bottoms of the pools were made out of pebbles, too! Secondly, you could hike to some hidden falls on the property which were so amazing. I've never been in a jungle environment before so I was soaking it all in (beats hanging out at Rainforest Cafe any day, ahem).

After Laguna, I wanted to go to nearby Tagaytay specifically to eat at Sonya's Garden. Sonya's Garden is a really neat restaurant that grows pretty much all of its own produce and uses fresh products and ingredients in its meals. There is actually only one meal you can get (well, you could get a Filipino meal but you need advance notice and a certain amount of people, but I digress) and it consists of a huge bowl of salad (with edible flowers in the mix! They tasted citrusy) with tons of different mix ins like mango, jicama, jackfruit, etc. and followed with fresh baked bread again accompanied with different spreads (I was obsessed with the olive tapanade). The "main dish" is spaghetti that comes with different sauces and toppings and finally dessert. I really liked their chocolate cake but it seemed like no one else did? Too bad I ate everyones reject slices ;-) Ooh and they had really good drinks too! Dalandan juice (which tastes kind of like a mix between orange and melon juice) and tarragon tea. Lastly, I need to mention that where we ate was inside a green house that was hung with antique crystal chandeliers. So, SO pretty. I could live inside that greenhouse.


33 comments:

  1. Wow, seriously what a beautiful place! It look so peaceful. I love the bright dress too, it looks so great on you! Gorgeous photos as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the looseness of this dress on you looks so comfortable and lovely for an environment like this! which was probably why you wore it! hehe. and all these photos are amazing. i'm having real travel-envy right now!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. these photos are gorgeous and that dress is beyond perfect for your trip. those natural pools sound incredible and all that fresh fruit....yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Talk about breath taking views and settings. This place is unbelievably beautiful. You are so lucky to visit and I'm sure it's an experience that you'll never forget. The dinner sounds incredible too. Your cute dress fits in perfectly. You look like a serious dream!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smash, it looks like the food is getting better for you! Hope you enjoyed the noodles - can't go wrong there. <3 Miss you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your. Dress and yowzza !! Such a beautiful location, I am so jealous, haga :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful dress and beautiful photos! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just have to say that you are glowing in your photos! It must be amazing down there :) I also recently went to Philippines and Tagaytay was amazing! Laguna looks so cool, the springs and pools are so pretty! Next time I go to Philippines I will definitely recommend going to that place. :) Hope you're having a great vacay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wooowwww, look at that night sky!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous pictures, Ashley! I got married in Sonya's Garden and it's seriously still one of my favorite places.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you're in the Philippines!! Enjoy your stay :):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. really cute pics!!
    love your dress, so cute

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh, you're so lucky, this place really looks like a paradise. And look at you- your dress looks both adorable and comfy!

    Life is a romantic poem

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty, you look lovely, I really like these trip posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. amazing photos!!!! i love your shift dress!!!! also how did you take a picture of the stars and have it come out so clear????

    nataliya
    sewniice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am thoroughly enjoying all your travel photos & the tropical prints you’ve been wearing lately. The meal at Sonya’s Garden sounds perfect!!! And Laguna looks absolutely heavenly. That shift dress is very flattering on you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love your short hair and white flats!

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love these more travel-oriented posts that you do. Lovely photos. Love those embroidered flowers on the tablecloth :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm loving all of these peeks into your trip! What a beautiful place. Ahhh. I love that it's like I am KIND of there, just by all of the photos you're posting.

    What a pretty dress! Great print!

    Ugh all that food sounds & looks delicious. And tarragon tea? I love tarragon, never thought of it as a tea! Hmm, interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh how I miss Philippines! These photos are lovely and you look beautiful. Love that dress!

    Adin B

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the print on that dress! that restaurant sounds so fun, I guess it doesn't really get any fresher than that. Edible flowers always taste perfume-y to me, lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi A!
    I'm so jealous of this trip! :)
    You look so "fit in" in this dress! :)
    The photo of the sky - amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. amazing dress and great photos too

    ReplyDelete
  24. these are beautiful!! and that dress. how fitting with the scenery. and your hair....gives me the urge to cut mine short again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello! I follow your blog and have nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award because I enjoy it so much. I had to pick 15 of my favourite blogs and I picked you! Here is the link to the blogpost that you are chosen in! The idea is that you remake the blogpost in your own opinion, so good luck and enjoy! :) xxx
    http://monicaaliceeblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. the resort place thingy sounds lovely! very picturesque.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, what a beautiful place! Lucky you x

    ReplyDelete
  28. so lovely, I want to go too!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow I had scenery deja vu on a few of these.. looks just like some mountains in Venezuela but then that pool & pretty stairway def dont. is it a natural pool? incredible pictures, that skye one doesnt even look real!you look adorable in that retro dress too!
    http://dusanabotswana.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm soooo jealous of you going to Sonya's! I mean obviously of the whole trip, but the food at Sonya's is sooo good and its so gorgeous there. Looks amaaazing.

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(