3.30.2012

one fine day

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


All photos by Grant Hatfield

vintage novelty print/ tropical print dress/ 80s sundress M available at MILK TEETHS vintage

Part two of my look book series. Isn't the print on this dress great? I've really been into old tropical prints lately. In fact, the other weekend Grant and I went to a few vintage shops in Old Town Orange and I found the cutest pair of 1960s seahorse print shorts that I was SURE would fit (I did the old waistband around the neck trick and everything!). Well, I have a terrible habit of never trying on clothing before I buy it and this was one of the times where I got burned. Bad. I went home, tried them on, and successfully got those suckers up to my knees ;(

 In other news my goals for the weekend include:

1. Getting a gym membership after years of telling myself I would. I have a bad left knee/ left leg and I've noticed that it's been getting kind of wobbly on me, probably because I never do anything to strengthen the leg muscles (unless walking around thrift stores or Trader Joe's counts).Well, I'm telling you enough is enough! I need to start making physical fitness a priority in my life.

2. Bake a cake. Maybe tres leches?

3. Go to the library. I've probably mentioned it before, but I'm really into old southern California history. I always check out those sepia colored Historic ______ (fill the blank in with random California town) books. Anyone know what I'm talking about?


21 comments:

  1. you look wonderful! so lovely dress:)
    please visit me in free time:)
    http://mesmerize87.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are so cute. Also, 1, I have a weak knee too and really need to get down to the gym and make fitness a priority in my life, too. Also 2, I just made a tres leches cake the other week from this recipe: http://www.nookeatery.co.za/2011/07/08/pastel-tres-leches/ and it was SO good. Yum. I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Ismay: wait...so we're the same person??! I don't hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TRES LECHES IS DA BOMB!!!

    Also, yes, libraries are da bomb, too. That is funny about the sepia books you mention -- for some silly reason I thought those were only of/about my area! I guess that publisher has nailed the market for historic books of "Main St. Everywhere, USA".

    You may have a local branch that may contain a special collection of area history. Happy history hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a fun print! perfect for summer

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the talk about the gym membership is immediately followed by making a tres leches cake! Teheheee! Also, I like the whole lookbook thing, really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. we should totally be friends lol I have this amazing aquarium print skirt that I don't even know what to do with it its so awesomee. my knees suck too and I can't commit to the gym but I'm gonna start biking? idk. And i'm in love with vintage california, like old pictures of california during christmastime and anything desert-y haha. palm springs is the most interesting thing ever to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beauty! and oh how i love that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That tropical print is sooo good and the pictures are lovely too. Is that a fair ground in the backdrop? I also love looking at photo books of towns the way they used to be, particularly if it's somewhere where I've lived and I can try to imagine the same street 100 years ago or so...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have started going to the gym lately too. I feel so silly switching between walking and running when people are just running the whole time. I actually have a bad knee too—because I did gymnastics for years. What a fun print.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh the dress is great and fits in perfectly with your background! Haha. Such fun. Good look with your weekend goals. I hope you get everything accomplished that you hoped.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun print lady! So great your getting on the fitness kick.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this take on your outfit photos, especially with the mix of digital and analog! You're always keeping it fresh :). I hope you met your weekend goals! They all sound great, and as for those sepia books, I think the series is called "Images of America," and I love them too! They cover SO many topics it's ridiculous O_O and so informative!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dress and wall were made for each other!! Underwater soulmates

    ReplyDelete
  15. You should also check out the novel, "Pasadena", a bit depressing but a wonderful piece of literature based in Southern California.

    Have you been to the Grand Central library in downtown LA? I used to work in their rare books department and they always have intriguing art exhibits on display. Also hit their gift shop for those sepia toned photo books and lots of neat gift items by local artists.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good goals, been meaning to go to the gym myself, thanks for the reminder. Perhaps after eating tons and tons of Tres Leches cake? YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh what! I had no idea about this library! I'll definitely check it out next time im in LA--thanks Leilani :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. such a gorgeous dress and i love the mural!

    Xo,
    steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(