3.07.2012

Pampanga and Intramuros

Photobucket
Outfit Details:
vintage plaid crop top: thrifted
vintage trousers made into shorts: thrifted
espadrille flats: gift from Grant
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Outfit Details:
Random cat print dress: thrifted
 vintage purse/ camera bag: thrifted
 Black Keds
Orange socks: C/O Falke 

Here's a mish mash of photos from around town. Let's see...

+ Grant has been drinking "San Mig"s like they're going out of style. Curiously enough, he never tasted an actual San Miguel beer.

+ Did you know that not one but TWO Filipino presidents are from the little town that my family is from? Kinda cool, eh?

+ The last bunch of photos are from when we went to Intramuros. Intramuros is an old part of Manila that was built by the Spanish. It was basically a walled off city for Spanish residents only. We took another calesa (horse drawn carriage, Grant likes to call them chariots) to check out the area. I don't think I'm a fan of calesas because they are so rickety! The ones that I've ridden on were made of wood so that combined with my nervous disposition was a recipe for anxiety levels going through the roof.

Anyway, this is my last update from the Philippines. We're leaving in a few hours to go to the airport and then it's back home to California! I still have lots of photos to post though so I'll get to them when I get back home. See ya later!

18 comments:

  1. What lovely, lovely pictures!! I'm so proud of the few things I can say in Tagalog haha! Which presidents were from your family's town? My grandpa knew Macapagal quite well and he used to love wearing the barong tagalog to formal events!

    x Aliya
    www.hillsidestory.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo love your polka dot dress by the way!


    x Aliya
    www.hillsidestory.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I've learned a lot from these posts by traveling vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. first of all, your cat print dress is the cutest thing ever, and i love how you dressed it down with the sneakers and socks. :) & what pretty photos. i love the last few at Intramuros especially...!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had a wonderful time and I love all the interesting facts you told us. Your little kitty dress is so darling. I'm sure you'll be happy to be home though.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck on your flight! i love the church photos and i can't believe you thrifted that cat print dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely photos!hope you had a great vacation =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pictures are beautiful, I love all your outfits, and it's so cool that you went in a horse drawn carriage!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your little white shoesies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. loooooove both outfits!!! and seriously how did you find such a perfect cat-print vintage dress???? i thought maybe it was miu miu inspired!

    nataliya
    sewniice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. amazing pictures!!
    love your socks ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. your trip looks amazing and i love all of your easy breezy outfits!

    Xo,
    steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a fun time! Love the cropped top!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the little woven detail on the collar of your shirt. Hope you had a safe flight and have adjusted back to CA time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah! the Philippines? I'm so jealous. You look like your having an amazing time.

    Minestrone Soup For the Teenage Soul

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my goodness, you thrifted a cat print dress, best find ever!! love that you paired it w/ high orange socks & that crop top above is amazing too. loved seeing all these pictures, it looks like SUCH an amazing trip, thanks for sharing! no wonder it reminded me a bit of Mexico w/ the Spanish influence.
    http://dusanabotswana.com

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(