4.11.2012

K-Town

 PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


Outfit Details:
Dress: Asos
Jersey motorcycle jacket: Loehmann's
Sam Edelman booties: thrift store
Tights: C/O Falke

Last Saturday was my friend Erin's birthday and she thought that hanging out in Koreatown in Downtown LA would be great fun...and it was! We got some grub at Beer Belly which pretty much serves obscenely rich, calorie laden, fancy fair food. Deep fried oreos, triple cheese grilled cheese sandwiches doused in maple syrup, grilled broccoli with gourmet cheez whiz...you get the picture. It was all really good but man, definitely a place to visit only during a special occasion...

Afterward we walked over to Rosen's karaoke and went. to. town. Never mind that probably an eighth of the gargantuan song book offered English songs while the rest was written in Korean.  It should be noted that this place had really good backgrounds for the songs. I'm assuming they were all scenes from Korean dramas? It's a nice change of pace from the still photos that flash up courtesy of 1994, seen on every other karaoke system known to man.

Anyway, we all had a great time. While I don't regularly go out and sing karaoke, any Filipino household worth its salt has some sort of karaoke system tucked away (note: we have a Magic Tecnica mic thankyouverymuch) which means that I'm no stranger to a microphone. It comes in handy from time to time ;-)

On a final note, who knew that the lyrics to Third Eye Blind's seminal hit "Semi-Charmed Life" were so...shocking?  Definitely not 6th grade me then and up until last Saturday, not 23 year old me now.

Question: What's your favorite song to sing at karaoke?

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Birthday girl Erin werqqqqin it.

14 comments:

  1. haha wooohooo!! Sounds like some fun birthday celebrations! :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun, and that Beer Belly place sounds insane!! I've never done karaoke because I always chicken out/am too shy. I made it one of my goals for this year to try it. We'll see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your outfit. Super cute jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i used to love going to the korean karaoke spots when i lived in SA, TX! i was always the only white person there amongst all my asian friends haha! love the outfit!

    nataliya
    sewniice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your use of color, well played! I love those tights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun night out. I can't remember the last time I did Karoke.

    Love your outfit in this post. That jacket is awesome & the red tights really make the outfit pop.

    Miss Bias : )
    www.missbias.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the red touch of the tights : great !

    See U !

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have a love/hate relationship with ur red tights

    i LOVE them on you, and HATE that i cant pull them off

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, gotta love K-town's private karaoke rooms. :) P.S. I love your outfit, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've probably told you before but I think I have the same jacket, or very similar one. I've never sang karaoke before. Just never got around to it, I guess? But also, I prefer to only subject those near and dear to my singing voice, which is an acquired taste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look wonderful! so great jacket and pants:)
    please visit me in free time:)
    http://mesmerize87.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. We be wearin' similar outfits this week. My fav karaoke song is Montell Jordan's This Is How We Do it.

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(