5.02.2012

miss me

Photos by Grant

Outfit Details:
vintage 1960s striped jacket: thrift store
vintage velvet edged button up: thrift store
Levi's
Keds

Trying my hardest to channel floppy, frizzy, artfully undone Patti Smith-esque hair. "Trying" being the operative word. Sigh. Might have to get myself to the hair cutter store...we'll see.

Here is a current list of things that I am all about at the moment:

-Jack White at the Wiltern later this month
-Breaking Bad! Grant and I are hooked (addicted? eh eh?) to this show.
-On the completely opposite end of the spectrum, I've succumbed to the inner musical theater geek that lurks within and I've plowed through 2 1/2 season of Glee. I used to watch Glee when it first came out a few years ago but then I got over it (too much Lea Michele). On the way back from the Philippines I watched an episode...and now I can't stop.
-Currently doing some light reading. This month it is Miss O'Dell: My Hard Days and Long Nights with the Beatles, The Stones, Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, and the Women They Loved I think the title pretty much sums up what the books is about. So far I like it, I think it's well written and honest. Not overly salacious at all (which is surprising).
-A cup of hot water and lemon first thing in the morning.
-DIYs! I have a really neat one that I can't wait to post, it was my most labor intensive (and sparkliest) project yet ;-) 


15 comments:

  1. The cardigan is so pretty! I love the stripes, and the colors are amazing. I honestly envy some of your finds))

    http://tri-skelos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So damn pretty, I just love your style so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE the jacket!!
    you're so beautiful!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that jacket!! And these photos are so fun, I love the sun in the background :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. the lighting is perfect! and i dig the whole outfit. i want that jacket, please! i've been hearing a lot about this water and lemon thing. i think i'll try it since it has your endorsement. :) hey, i just recently tried Frosted out in Long Beach. have you ever had it? i had their cupcake sandwich things. so good! you should try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breaking Bad is sooooooooooooooooooooo goooooooooooood! Haha. You guys should check out Sons of Anarchy when you're done! Ah, I love both of those shows.

    I watched Glee at first, too. Well, not when it first came out, maybe after it was about a year old or so... and I only watched the first season then I got bored of it. Ha, maybe I'll start up again... I don't really have anything to watch right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loooove Breaking Bad but am way behind (a whole season!) Have you seen Justified? If you like Breaking Bad you'll like Justified. And Timothy Olyphant...mmm...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This photography is so beautiful! I love all the warm, hazy sunshine. :)

    Okay, so I'm almost 100% positive I saw a photo of you wearing a military shirt in Glamour a few months ago...aaaaand I just checked your "print" section and yes! It was you!! I loved that photo and had been trying so hard to remember/find whose blog it came from!

    xo
    Maria Elyse
    www.uneasyimpressions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just must say that i love your stile :)And you take very beautiful photos.

    / Girl from Sweden :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. the lighting is SO so beautiful in these! love the warm soft glow and the ones where grant (right?) got some nice lens flares while still maintaining you as the focus. great sweater!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. the hair looks amazing!!!! you must keep it like that. i love the blouse, so classic yet modern

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are most def succeeding! I love the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So we love us some Breaking Bad too! It's so so good! I hear that having a cup of hot water first thing in the morning makes your breath fresh. Love your blazer and the wild hair!

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(