5.20.2012

prism

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Outfit Details:
1960s striped jacket: thrift store
1970s two tone dress: thrift store
Purse: thrift store
Leather loafers: thrift store

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Recently, Grant and I went to LA and checked out the Barry McGee show at Prism Gallery in West Hollywood. As to be expected, it was really awesome. It's very easy to zone out while looking at some of his pieces, don't you think?  He incorporated some elements of what I assume are references to tribal/ indigenous art in the form of the wooden carvings that were all over the gallery as well as some woven baskets. I'm not sure if you can tell, but these wooden carvings were rigged up to  constantly be in motion "spray painting".  An ironic bit of commentary on street art, race, and people's preconceived notions of the two. Anyway, If you're in LA you should check out this show, it runs until June 30th. 

PS: Thanks to everyone for the nice well wishes on my last post, you all are too sweet :)

16 comments:

  1. I love the striped jacket! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I love the jacket, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the two tone dress! It's super cute and summery! Also, the show looks very intersting! I could definitely zone out while looking at it! In a good way!

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, just saw a similar dress on ebay... it's really simple and suits you well. Especially against that final backdrop...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with your coat!! :D And that gallery looks so fun! So many weird things, haha :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look, simply beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. vintage and classy. i love your look as always! great photos ashley. i really wish i could've met you here when you were in Manila :)
    Rovie, The Bargain Doll

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this outfit! so classic and ladylike!!! muh-lady!

    nataliya
    sewniice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. the striped jacket is AWESOME!

    xo,
    steffy
    http://steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this valuable information, I hope it is okay that I bookmarked your website for further references.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that sounds like a really pretty and cool event to be present for! Your outfit is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(