6.12.2012

The Mason Dixon


Mason Dixon American Flag

US Flag Mason Dixon
vintage metal sign
vintage blue mason jar
vintage metal signs
salvage wood furniture Mason Dixon
Mason Dixon store Pomona
vintage number holder
vintage dress forms
metal cactus American Pickers
salvage wood furniture
vintage salvaged wood table
vintage metal sign brick wall
vintage Peter Pan bread metal sign
vintage fabric dress form
vintage wooden soda crate
vintage black typewriter
Mason Dixon store Pomona
John Mihovetz Mason Dixon

Over the weekend I had a vintage appointment in Upland that turned out to be quite successful (hint: there will be TONS of never worn, new old stock PETER PAN COLLAR DRESSES!!  -caps necessary- in the shop soon, so get excited!) and since we were in the area we decided to swing by our pal John's warehouse/ shop The Mason Dixon!

I've been wanting to check out his place for what seems like forever and I am so glad that we had the time to drop by. John specializes in two things: 1. hand crafting beautiful furniture out of salvaged wood, all of those swell little tables in these shots are of his doing, 2. scouring the US for unique, one of a kind,  vintage finds! Similar to what they do on American Pickers (side note, we were talking about the show since all three of us are fans and John verified my suspicions that they totally do not disclose what they really sell the items for, "picked for $50, I'm going to ask $75" yeah righttt).

Anyway, he was telling us all sorts of great stories about heading out with a few of his friends and driving through random states while picking up vintage treasures. Sounds like the greatest job ever if you ask me.

When we visited John was saying how the store had been pretty much cleaned out and that there is usually a lot more in the shop. I can only imagine what the full shop looks like! Aside from doing custom orders for his furniture he also gets a lot of decorators hitting him up for pieces and I can totally see why. The mix of industrial, mid century, antique, and salvage is such a great look and I think it works really nicely all together.


All in all, if you're ever in Pomona you should come check out his space. Currently, visiting the shop is by appointment only OR you can scope out some of his pieces on Etsy at The Mason Dixon 

Thanks for having us over, John!

19 comments:

  1. cant wait to see all the goodies you found! you have really awesome taste.
    the pictures of his shop looks so cool! i would feel super inspired browsing around there.

    great post, love the new blog layout!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heavens!! That place is amazing!!!! I love love love vintage signs like that... *dies*
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i kind of want every single thing pictured..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always wondered about american pickers! so are their actual prices are way higher, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! WAY higher! I guess they do it so they don't seem like jerks for buying something for relatively cheap and reselling for a lot more. I also heard that the price that they agree on isn't the actual price they pay. They might say on camera that they will pay $150 for something when they are actually going to pay like $500 (off camera).

      Delete
  6. the vintage shopping is great in upland. i work right near there. not a lot of people know about it (it's mostly older people around there) so it isn't picked clean like other places. :) excited to see what you found! and, and, your friend's place seems so cool. is it near 2nd street (around the glass house and wine bar)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was right by the Fox Theater and La Bomba!

      Delete
  7. Great photos! Your friend's shop is beautiful. Great pieces and such a great space...I love all the exposed brick walls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool shop! Everything looks like it's well curated and in good condition. I especially love the cactus thingy (sign? sculpture? can't think of the right word)!

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, I would love some of this stuff. That cactus is freaking amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, his store is awesome. I've been patiently looking for a vintage us flag (or ca flag) to hang in my place so that flag totally caught my eye. never heard of american pickers, will need to watch it! and I constantly think about road-tripping and stopping by every antique, vintage, thrift stores on the way. it seems like such a fun summer thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what an amazing shop!! So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking forward to the new additions! I'm in the market for a lovely summer dress.

    ReplyDelete
  13. He looks so familiar to me for some reason. Seems like a really great space and of course, I always love finding out about new etsy shops. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. my favorite places to visit :) This post makes me feel so happy! Your whole blog and it's new layout are wonderful, Ashley :)

    I'm glad we are friends!

    love, polly :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is seriously great. i would live there.

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(