6.27.2012

OAK


Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Beagle
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo

Description of Photo
Description of PhotoDescription of Photo Some snaps from this past weekend. Although I brought my camera, I really only used it the first day I got to Oakland. Sometimes when you're funnin with friends, whipping out a camera is the last thing on your mind. With that being said, I had a great time spending the weekend with my bestest friend Masi and her boyfriend Dave. A week before they adopted that handsome beagle that you see on your screen. Can you believe that he's nine years old? Rocko is a pretty sweet pup and I'm glad that he's found a new home with possibly the most caring people on the planet. Good on him!

Anyway, we kept things casual. Lots of going out to eat and I don't think I had one bad meal in Oakland. Highlights includes steak sandwiches and potato puffs (aka fried balls of mashed potatoes !!!) at Gregoire, banana splits from Fentons, the best egg salad sandwich ever from Summer Kitchen in Berkeley, a  scoop of chocolate fudge marshmallow ice cream at Ici, absurdly good macaroni and cheese at Homeroom (they specialize in mac and cheese so there are a bunch of different kinds you can get. Why aren't there more restaurants like this??), aaannndd I'll stop right there. Besides eating we mainly spent time just lounging and hanging out, watching terrible reality TV shows (Glee Project and Teen Mom) and not so terrible TV (Summer Heights High and Girls).

Wish that my lady lived closer, fingers crossed that they move back to Southern California in the near future.

14 comments:

  1. Little doggg! Love these pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sundae shop photos! Fentons is the BEST. sooo yummy!

    http://theautumnissue.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. such cute little finds! congrats on 1,000 + followers!!

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really adore your star clip, Ashley. It's beautiful. :)

    I remember that egg salad from instagram. I was drooling then and I'm drooling now. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the star clip! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashley, this post made me so sad that our weekend is over! Can't wait to see you again and p.s. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rocko looks exactly like my neighbours dog haha ;)
    nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh man, i love homeroom! i get to move to oakland soon, i'm so excited

    ReplyDelete
  9. you always have the best photos! and i love your headpiece :D
    Rovie,
    RK Manila Shoes , OASAP and FIRMOO giveaways on The Bargain Doll! Hope you can join! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This must have been an amazing trip! The puppy is the cutest and I love your hair clip :)

    Erika
    http://jasminblancboutique.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos Ashley and it was great meeting you last night at the OC Fashion Blogger event! Thanks for the invite and hope to see you around soon since we're both in OC ;)

    XoXo, Kimberly

    http://www.AccordingtoKimberly.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never take photos when I'm hanging out with friends; none of them blog or facebook or any of that crap, and it would just be so weird to whip out a camera when we're hanging out and start snapping pics. I guess if I hung out with any fellow bloggers it would be different. That mac n cheese place sounds amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. that dog does not look a day over 3! so handsome!! I really enjoy eating at gregoire's whenever I'm in the bay area (potato balls!!) and I had ici's too. I love their ice cream. have you heard of bakesale betty's? I need to try that place next time I'm up there.

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(