7.10.2012

monkberry moon delight

Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Outfit Details: 
mustard silk blouse: thrift store
water color mini skirt: C/O BB Dakota
Keds: Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse 
vintage coin necklace: thrift store

Don't really have much to say tonight so whenever this happens I type in "random survey questions" into Google. Here's what popped up:

Are you young at heart, or an old soul?
  • Definitely an old soul. But I also prefer eating dinner at 5:30, never leave home without a light sweater, and love Polly's Pies so maybe I'm  a mix of the two: an old person at heart.
Tell me about a movie/song/tv show/play/book that has changed your life.
  • Had to think about it but I'd say "Your Covers Blown" by Belle and Sebastian definitely altered the course of my life for the absolute better. 
Name one physical feature that you like about yourself, and one you dislike.
  • I like my teeth, I think they're shaped nicely.  Not a fan of my profile.
What holiday do you most look forward to?
  • Halloween, I day dream about my costume all year long. 
You’ve got the TV on, but you’re not really watching. What channel is the TV on?
  • Food Network. Always.
Name a song that never fails to make you happy.
Have you ever read the “missed connections” on Craigslist? Have you ever posted one, or wanted to?
  • Missed Connections is good reading so yes I peruse them, not as often as I used to but I still do. I've never posted one but I responded to a post a long time ago because I thought Grant wrote one (before we were dating). He didn't write it.
 If you could pick anywhere to live the rest of your life, where would it be?
  • To be honest I love Southern California and wouldn't want to live anywhere else.  I wouldn't complain if I could live in a 1920s Spanish bungalow by the ocean with orange trees and bright pink bougainvillea everywhere.
Do you drink? Smoke? Do drugs? Why, or why not?
  •  I don't really drink, I've never been drunk. I don't like the feeling of being "buzzed" because it makes me feel sleepy and heavy headed. I've never smoked a cigarette or done drugs. It's never interested me.
Where was your favorite place to go when you were a little kid?
  • I am an only child so I played by myself a lot. There must have been one summer when I was in kindergarten or first grade where I made a fort in my mom's room, seemingly everyday. She had a large glass desk  in one corner and a TV high on a dresser. I'd drape a blanket over the table on all sides and a blanket over the desk chair and gather pillows to fortify my little hideaway. I remember just hanging out, watching Lamb Chops Play Along/ Mr. Rogers, and snacking on root beer and crackers for hours and hours. Good times.
Have you ever spent a night in the hospital?
  • Try a week.  Getting hit by a car crossing the street is no joke. 
Do you enjoy being with only one or two friends, or with a large group of people?
  • Definitely one or two friends. I think I have a bit of social anxiety disorder (self diagnosed) so crowds aren't my thing. Sort of cliche but I often feel very alone within a crowd. 
Did you like swinging as a child? Do you still get excited when you see a swing set? 
  • Yes and yes :)

22 comments:

  1. you look very beautiful!!
    Kisses from Prague and Milan
    http://sienastyle.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outfit! The mustard top is super cute! And I once knew someone who posted on craigslist missed connections. Bad idea. Baaaaad idea!

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look, Ash. You look like a little surf rat girl<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that skirt!!
    and yayy for fun survey questions!! Great answers :) (glad I'm not the only one who has never smoked or done drugs, and I rarely drink because I hate the burning feeling XD...maybe once or twice in my life)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look lovely ! Can't believe how much we have in common, it's eerie ! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm the same way when it comes to crowds, i pick odd hours to go to the grocery store even because i get anxiety around a ton of people. i never used to be this way either i would go to shows, the mall on weekends, and festivals with no issue but now i can't do it. weird.

    nataliya
    sewniice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how simple & clean this outfit is, though the skirt's pattern is delightfully busy.

    Social anxiety disorder solidarity! Also I did Missed Connections once and never will again. Haha wow there are so many weird people on Craigslist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! Lovin' this post ;)

    I think it's lovely that you dream of your Halloween costume all year long (my parents won't let me celebrate the holiday). And OMG. You were hit by a car?! Glad to see and know your better.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I say all the time that I have an old lady who lives in my heart. Ditto on crowds...I used to go to shows and parties and other crowded places all the time when I was younger, but now I just don't. It's not fun, and I no longer feel any obligation at this age. And, obviously I love a good hideaway. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found your site and your style is amazing! I have been eyeing that skirt awhile now, and I'm glad to see someone finally style it.
    xo
    Jessica
    www.swishandswoon.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You were hit by a car? That's insane! Your description of your dream home sounds so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh, you are so adorable! in the photos and in what you're saying, too...
    hope you stay this eternal child.
    i don't really like my profile either. :)

    xoxo
    agnes / iiiinspired

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I am in love with your blog! This outfit is perfect! Something I would wear! I enjoyed reading your little survey, I can totally relate to being only child & making forts haha! Thats all I did as a kid :') xx


    www.satinandsouffles.com
    www.satinandsouffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOve This Dear! i enjoyed seeing it, Thanks For Posting ! ♥

    Mwaks!

    If you have a minute, please check out my blog and follow me if you liked it. I'll appreciate it so much! Thanks!


    Blow a Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  15. that is one of the best Paul McCartney songs ever. I agree that it is amazing, which is why that is the only album of his that I own outside of The Beatles.

    You are always a beautiful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  16. maybe you wouldn't be so socially anxious if you loosened up and had a drink every once in a while. just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the outfit.
    I love the google random questions and answers a lot, too.
    <333

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(