7.05.2012

the iv


4th of july fashion
4th of july fashion
ducklings
cute baby ducks
cute baby ducklings
hair trim
4th of july fashion
4th of july fashion
4th of july fashion
4th of july fashion
4th of july fashion
4th of july fashion
4th of july fashion

Description of Photo


Outfit Details:
vintage blue gingham blouse: thrift store
red shorts: thrift store
blue socks: F21
American Flag Converse: ebay

Hope everyone had a nice fourth of July! Yesterday was kind overcast which put a bit of a damper on things because I think people, especially of the Southern California variety, just expect the fourth to be sunny and bright. Welp, it wasn't the case! However, things weren't so bad. Take for instance the fact that we saw a troop of ducklings on my street in the morning. I live in a suburban area so there really isn't a whole lot of  wild life around, seeing those ducks was quite the treat as you can imagine.

Anyway, long story short we biked down to Huntington Beach for a bit (NEVER.AGAIN.) and took in the freak show. Basically just imagine thousands of obnoxious drunk people in all states of undress plus the requisite  piece of 4th of july red, white, and blue flair smeared and stenciled on their person chanting USA! USA! USA! UMERRRICCCAAHHH!!! etc.

Afterward we went to our friend Carl's house and had a low key bbq (much more my scene) and hung out. And that's was how I spent 07/04/2012. 

14 comments:

  1. I love your awesome, fun July 4th look! And I would be sooo excited if I saw ducklings in our neighborhood. We do have wild parrots flying overhead in Pasadena, which are cool but not exactly cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, my fella and i almost drove to the beach yesterday and thankfully came to our senses and went for a bike ride along the LA river and downtown instead. it was gloriously deserted. maybe everyone was at the beach ;)

    love your sneakers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that scene sounds interesting to take in for...maybe ten minutes or so? A low key bbq sounds way better! Loving that gingham top, you look so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ducks! :D Reminds me of the time I got probably unreasonably giddy over a line of those little guys marching across my lawn one morning.
    Love your patriot getup! Oh man, I am terribly glad I didn't make that same decision yesterday though. A couple of friends and I kept it low key in the suburbs of Huntington and pretty much spot-on guessed that's how it would be down that way. Bbq's for the win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you're trip to the beach wasn't the greatest, but it looks like a good 4th overall, don't ya think?

    You're outfit is just PERFECT for the holiday, and you looks SO CUTE!

    xoxo MAma Wolf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome shorts and converse! the ducks are adorable!

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Fourth outfit. It's so cute! I'm in love with your Converse sneakers. :)

    Love these photos, especially the duckies. Glad to see you had a great fourth! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeee! your shorts are so cute! also,
    those ducklings are so cute! also,
    your holiday sounds a lot like mine... there were so many "USA"-ers running around Seattle this year, me oh my. but afterwards I also went to a friends and also had some great BBQ and got to kick back and regain sanity. Hope yours was excellent regardless of those drunkards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love these pics, sounds like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my god how cute are these little duck babies?? :D
    I also like your outfit a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an adorable outfit! Love the photos! Hope you had a fantastic 4th of July :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love theme dressing, especially for the 4th! your outfit takes the cake though!!!! good'ol american fun!

    nataliya
    sewniice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(