7.13.2012

The Return of Thrift Files!

So...I totally moved this feature off of this blog and on to its own separate tumblr (thrift files) and for a while, updating was easy street and not headache inducing. Welp, after some contemplation I realized that I was a fool to move it off of the blog because it's so much easier to make one big update than to have to constantly be filling up a tumblr queue so lesson learned. Thrift Files is back and forever it shall live on this blog!

Anyway, while I haven't been updating the tumblr, I've still been taking photos of items that I've come across on my frequent thrift trips. Since I can't buy everything that catches my eye I figure that taking a photo is the next best thing so here goes:

PhotobucketPhotobucket Mustard yellow velvet chair with nailhead trim. SO TEMPTED to buy this but it was going for $80 and it's a bit too battered for my taste.
  PhotobucketPhotobucket Pretty china tea cup and saucer. PhotobucketPhotobucket Vintage ice crusher.

Photobucket
Pretty mason jar mug

Photobucket
Mid Century stunner (going for $500 though. Curses Salvation Army!!)

Photobucket
Decanter duo

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Huge floral couch

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Pretty plate pattern

Photobucket
Circus glasses!

Photobucket
State mugs

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1960s train cases. Would have bought these up but the insides were a mess :/

13 comments:

  1. oh that couch, and that chair. and the color of that ice maker. oh gosh. good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't support the Salvation Army because they destroy toys that they consider 'evil' (Harry Potter toys, for example) rather than sell or donate them. It's just ridiculous in my opinion, and I refuse to support their stupidity.

    Anyway. On a lighter note, I wish I could find a chair like that first one for $80!!! I bought this great old wing-back (in worse condition than that) for $65 some years back, but while we were living in Austin we didn't have room for it IN our apartment, and after putting in on the patio we got a notice that if we didn't remove our 'non-patio furniture' they were going to charge us $50 a day for it! Crazy! So, unfortunately, I had to let it go, but I've been searching for a replacement ever since...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whooaa really? I had no idea that they did with their "evil" toys. That is messed up and just plain stupid -_______-

      Delete
  3. where the sam hill is this store and why have I not ever stepped foot into a thrift store with so many vintage pieces per square inch? man! I'm lucky if I find one kitchen jar that looks pre 80's....contrary to what people might think, new york is actually the most disappointing place to go thrifting. ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha don't worry all of those snaps are definitely NOT from the same store or even day. Sometimes I get lucky and come across cool stuff and other times it's all dirty Tupperware and horrible 1980s leather couches.

      Delete
  4. LOVE all the furniture finds! These colors are SO great! And I've been searching for some cup/saucer combos...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah love the yellow chair! too bad it wasn't in better condition :(
    p.s. I'm totally craving some susie cakes cupcakes right now... sigh haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh such great finds. Haven't had much luck in my area lately but this has inspired me to hunt a little more.

    t.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much good stuff! You've got a great eye girl.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. loving the olive and gold tones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that couch is INCREDIBLE. wish i could convince my boyfriend to have one like that ;)

    Xo,
    steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love love love every item shown here! You have a fantastic eye!

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(