8.27.2012

bixby


Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo


Outfit Details:
vintage wool sweater: thrift store
silk blouse: thrift store
vintage pencil skirt: borrowed from the store
Worishofer sandals: Amazon

I'm going a little out of order with my trip photos but I just felt like sharing this batch now. On the way home Grant and I decided to make a quick stop for a photo op by the famous Bixby Bridge in Big Sur. I was a little disapointed because on the way up it had been really sunny but on the way down things got foggy. The water looks weirdly tropical when it's sunny in this part of the world; I wish I could have glimpsed it on the way home! Nevertheless, foggy or sunny, I'm always struck by how pretty the natural palette of colors is. Rust and cream colored blooms atop golden brown and sage green foliage with little bits of bright yellow mixed in. Reaaaallly pretty.


BONUS:

A while ago I collaborated with Willow and Clay on a fun little stop motion video. I styled one of their blouses and here's what I came up with. It's sort of like an old timey reverse strip tease...if you can even picture what that would look like ;-)

16 comments:

  1. love these pics, such a beautiful place and the video is pretty funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the cute video.
    we're going to big sur this weekend too! i'm going to see if we can swing by the hearst castle on our way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow… what a great video! i love it. never knew bixby canyon bridge was in big sur, just know the line from the death cab song… ha! it's absolutely beautiful, even w/ an overcast sky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that death cab song was certainly stuck in my head while we were there!

      Delete
  4. how cute are you! love the primary colours. I totally feel you on the overcast foggy weather ruining photos- the same exact thing happened to me when we were visiting a more tropical part of japan- all the websites and brochures made it look bright turquoise and vibrant, and of course the one day we go to see it everything is completely gray. so sad. these are beautiful though, it looks breathtaking anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought you were somewhere in Europe before I read on! The color palette really is gorgeous and calming! Your sweater is making me excited for cooler nights! Can't wait to look through more trip pictures :)
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love your video... made me want to dance and stride down the street dressed just like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pretty much need the contents of your wardrobe! You always looks so lovely!
    Anna

    http://opshopaholic.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute cute cute video! and yay to big sur! we stopped to take pictures of the bridge when we went up there as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Big Sur is just so breathtaking! I haven't been there in years but I remember being so overwhelmed by the cliffs and the colors and the fresh salty air. I LOVE your pencil skirt! It is my dream pencil skirt! And I also love that adorable little video you posted. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. hands down my favorite outfit ever of yours. gah!

    Xo,
    steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahah sweet strip tease. and i love how you described the colors, that in itself was pretty! and love your color on color outfit! for me, the brighter the better :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look adorable as always! i can't even believe that you can pull off cherry red and bright yellow together at the same time, you lucky thing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That bridge is incredible and your outfit is off the chain. I love it. That video is so fun lady!

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(