9.10.2012

carmel, ca


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Description of Photo
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Outfit details: vintage wool sweater: thrift store, silk polka dot blouse: thrift store, vintage pencil skirt: from the shop , LuLu*s sunglasses, Cherish tote bag courtesy of Rebbeca Minkoff, Worihofer sandals: Amazon 

On the way home from Monterey Grant thought it would make for a fun detour to stop at Carmel because they were having a vintage car show.  I said okay sure and off we went. I had never been before but I had heard of the city and vaguely knew that it had a sort of ritzy vibe to it. Let's just say ritzy is an understatement. Picture, if you will, a quaint little town nestled into the rolling Redwood cloaked hills of central California. Cute brick lined streets and wood roof buildings and a Louis Vuitton store next to a Tiffany's Store next to a Gucci store. SO bizarre.

Anyway, I guess it made sense to have this car show in Carmel. There were a lot of what I assumed to be rich dad car enthusiasts milling around as well as plenty of foreign vacationers.  Finding parking was interesting. Imagine all of the jerk drivers in porsche's congregating in one area, all looking for a parking spot. Yeah.

I'm not an automobile enthusiast at all but I will say it was cool to see all of the really nice vintage cars. It's safe to say that both Grant and I fell in love with the dark green Plymouth station wagon. Talk about tricking your car out! I thought that the stickers on the car were vintage but it turns out they're vintage reproduction travel decals and I found the guy who sells them! I definitely plan on ordering a few and switching them out through the year.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go stuff my face with Trader Joe's brownies and re-watch some Workaholics.

13 comments:

  1. Ooh that is so cool! I love old cars, my dad is one of those dad car enthusiasts (but not rich XD) He used to have an amazing old car but sold it (and I was SO mad at him)...he does still have a really old Fiat Spider though :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those vintage cars are awesome! Love your shoes as well.

    Collections

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carmel is such a pretty but strange town. I love that area of California though! Those cars are incredibleee! You look perfect with the green one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i used to live on pebble beach with my grandfather...the people in carmel (the ones with money) are weird but carmel itself is beautiful. i used to work at caffe cardinale and the cypress inn. i have good memories of riding my bike down to the beach and big sur expecially when it was foggy but those are my only good memories of carmel.

    nataliya
    sewniice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was in the Monterey area a couple of months ago and they just happened to have a motorcycle show! But I'm a fan of vintage cars a lot more because I think they're just darling. Love your blog and love your adorable and perfectly color blocked outfit!

    xo,
    Sabrina
    http://www.rougespark.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so cute Ashley! I love that you travel a lot - great pics and glad you had fun! ;)

    XoXo, Kimberly

    http://www.AccordingtoKimberly.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we've found Waldo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a car enthusiast either, but I like vintage cars and these look amazing. Also, your sunglasses and your bag are just wow :)

    Life is a romantic poem

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is definitely one of my favorite posts of yours! Not only are the cars gorgeous, but I love everything about this outfit. It might have something to do with my polka dot obsession, but I just love this combination of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, i read your blog from time to time and i
    own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam feedback?
    If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can
    recommend? I get so much lately it's driving me crazy so any assistance is very much appreciated.
    My blog ... catalogo nike air max

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I want to suggest you some interesting things or advice. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it!
    Feel free to surf my page Longchamp handbags

    ReplyDelete
  12. Greetings! Very helpful advice within this post!
    It is the little changes which will make the biggest changes.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Look at my blog lookingforarrangement.com

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(