9.06.2012

if you say so


Description of Photo

Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo

Outfit Details:
striped dress: H&M
vintage leather purse: thrift store
vintage leather boots: thrift store
polka dot bandanna: thrift store

So last weekend there was a labor day/ international street fair  over in Old Town Orange and Grant and I decided to check it out. I had bought this striped dress at H&M earlier this summer and I'm not sure what I was thinking but at the time the dress didn't strike me as being tooooo form fitting slash verging on bodycon territory. Yet again my unwillingness to try things on inside dressing rooms got the best of me and when I finally did try this dress on (in the privacy of my bedroom) I kind of hated the silhouette. A lot.

Don't get me wrong, tons of people do tight dresses right and can pull them off amazingly but frankly, I don't really have the confidence for that sort of thing so I usually gravitate towards more forgiving cuts. 

Anyway, long story short, I decided to wear it to the street fair because I knew it would be dark and there would be a million people milling through the area. It would be easy to get lost in the crowd and become anonymous. 

And the verdict after all was said and done? I guess it was nice to step out of my comfort zone, style wise, and wear something like this out and about. Definitely a once in a blue moon thing. I already plan on wearing this dress with a skirt on top with tights for fall so all is definitely not lost. 

21 comments:

  1. but girl. you look SO GOOD. haha that was my first thought upon seeing this post. but i totally get you on the whole feel comfortable and confident. i don't think i'd be either!

    but i seriously think you look gorgeous. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I think it looks phenomenal on you as is, although I can certainly see it as a good top too.

    I really like your hair this length too... and am kind of flummoxed as to how it grew so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look great! I would be the same and mainly wear looser styles as im not confident in tight clothing but you really suit this shape! be brave you pull it over wnderfully :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have the perfect body type to wear this cut of dress, I would not worry about it at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great in it! But, I totally understand your apprehension to wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ink you look amazing in it, but I'm the same way, I bought a two piece dress online and the under part was sooo tight, so I only wear the too, haha
    Sounds like a really fun time though

    ReplyDelete
  7. No way - you look great! I do like the idea you have of wearing it with skirts and such so you can get more wear out of it and feel comfortable. I might try that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you really look good though, and totally so far from the look you probably thought was going to happen with a body-con dress, shall i say skin tight dress with totally unwalkable sky-high heels and tons of annoying accessories. yeah this is way away from that and i love the boots and purse you wore with it. still you in every way!

    nataliya
    sewniice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this dress looks really good on you and you got the legs to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. definitely a new silhouette on you but it looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're crazy! You look amazing. It doesn't even seem like a 'bodycon' dress the way you've styled it, you look like Jane Birkin.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those shoes on you. They're amazing and casual and stylish all at the same time.

    xo Sherre
    Closet Hound

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love how you paired this dress with brown. i felt the same way about this dress, being too tight and all but it's pretty comfy and i got it for a cozy car ride up highway one. you look great, i'm glad you wore it out and stepped out of your comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i kind of love this on you! it reminds me of jane birkin. amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your hair is looking perfect these days! The bangs are bangin' :)

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(