9.24.2012

over the weekend


Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo


Outfit posts:
vintage blue gingham blouse: thrift store
vintage pleat skirt: thrift store
metal corner clutch courtesy of Rebecca Minkoff
vintage leather sandals: thrift store
vintage Southwestern beaded belt: thrift store

Hello! First of all I wanted to say thanks for all of the nice birthday wishes! My birthday was pretty low key. On Friday (which is when these photos were taken), my family and I went out to dinner and I requested Italian.  Normally, I would have scoffed at eating at any italian restaurant that wasn't Alessa (pro tip for any Orange County readers: best Italian food in the county.  I suggest going to the original Newport Beach location above all the others ;-)) but a new place opened up at the massive cathedral of consumption that is the Irvine Spectrum and it looked like it was worth trying. Cucina Enoteca, which I was surprised to find out was a San Diego chain, definitely didn't disappoint. The decor alone makes it worth going to. It reminded me of the inside of an Anthropologie which I don't hate. Of course the food is good too! Different than traditional Italian (which is that I would classify Alessa as), it's sort of Italian with more of a foodie, upscale twist (which kind of pains me to write because it makes it seem pretentious). They have a great happy hour so if you're local and looking for a good meal deal, go during that time. Oh, and definitely get the chocolate budino for dessert--SO good!

The next day, my actual birthday, Grant and I hoofed it up to LA to spend the day there. Our original plan was to try to win the lottery to see The Book Of Mormon the musical anddddd that didn't pan out (womp womp) but all was not lost! We changed gears and headed up to Pasadena, had a nice lunch, and then saw The Master at the Arclight.  All in all, a good birthday.

24--bring it on!


17 comments:

  1. I really do love your style. I love the way you mix colors, and everything you wear just seems to fit together so well. I'm glad you had a lovely birthday, hope it was a great one!!

    xoxo
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about trying that place out now! Sounds like an enjoyable birthday! Love the colors you are wearing!

    thedeathlyfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday! Did you like the master? I saw it at the Landmark last week and it was interesting. Pretty filming though :) I'm 24 also so welcome to this middle world of the twenties! I love that bag, both the size and color. It looks like it would go well with anything x

    ReplyDelete
  4. your outfit is fabulous, we are crazy about the skirt!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated, I love that plant in the background, I wish those grew here ;) Cute outfit, I really like the colors together :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. your so lucky it's still warm there!!!!! while i love sweaters i miss the 80s (degrees) already! love that top so much!!!!!

    nataliya
    sewniice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your colorful outfit, and especially that top! happy belated birthday; it sounds like it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colour of that skirt!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Belated, girl. You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. glad you had a good one! :) johnny wants to see book of mormon so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww glad you had a good birthday Ashley! I love Cucina Alessa as well and have gone to Cucina Enoteca. Did you try their tiramisu? OMG deliciousness!

    XoXo, Kimberly

    http://www.AccordingtoKimberly.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute birthday outfit! I'm from Orange County and I've never tried Alessa or Cucina Enoteca...I'll have to try them the next time I drive down there!
    xx,
    Paisley
    paisleynotplaid

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a cute combo! and the whole outfit looks perfect in the golden sunlight:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy 24th! Sounds like you enjoyed some delicious food. It's so fun to celebrate with food all weekend. Gorgeous pleated skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, happy birthday! My birthday was on the 23rd...I went to Bottega Louie with my husband and friends and ordered the butterscotch budino, haha. And I still haven't seen the Book of Mormon either. I might have to break down and buy tickets.

    Well, you look gorgeous and so California as usual! Nice colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd classify this look as 100% Ashley if I saw it walking down the road. Happy very belated birthday! Mine is coming up on Saturday and I'm hoping for something low-key as well--nothing wrong with the occasional foodie meal though, pretentious sounding or not!

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(