10.16.2012

fright fest


Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo


Outfit Details:
plaid wool jumper: thrift store
polka dot short sleeve button up: pile sale
vintage leather penny loafers: thrift store

The Halloween season is one I look forward to all year long but I've realized that as I've grown older, I've done a terrible job of slowing down and taking the time to really get into the spirit of whatever Holiday is going on. Well, I'm trying to change that! 

If you know me in real life then you probably know that I LOVE ghost stories and tales of the paranormal. I love asking people about hauntings and creepy stuff that's happened to them. I can't get enough! It's worth noting that I, personally, have never experienced anything too paranormal or weird. I have a theory that paranormal stuff manifests itself to people who are more open to that experience. As much as I love hearing about strange stuff I know that if I ever came into contact with anything bizarre I'd lose my mind. I 'd be so terrified.

With that said, since its Halloween, I'm really  trying to get ~in to the mood~ by lining up some scary movies to watch (any recommendations?), rekindling my love affair with KFI AM 640 Coast to Coast with George Noory (the BEST night time radio station. If you like listening to people talk about paranormal stuff, conspiracy theories-many of which are just funny-, doomsday prophecies, WHATEVER  take a listen to this station. A lot of it is plain ridiculousness, which I don't hate. My favorite is when people call in to discuss personal ghost stories.), and maybe just maybe taking a trip to Knotts Scary Farm!

Anyway, that's my October game plan. 

13 comments:

  1. My game plan based on this post: print your picture and bring it to my hair place! LOVE YOUR HAIIIRRRRR.

    I cannot watch scary movies. I like super campy Halloween fare like Hocus Pocus (which used to scare the bejeezus out of me), Halloweentown, etc... I've never really been into scary things, but I love anything with witches anything with witches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luuuurve scary movies. Some of my favorites include Joy Ride, The Others, and Paranormal Activity. :)

    I'm going to haunted houses this weekend but other than that, I don't really have any major Halloween parties or plans. I'm going to the Madonna concert on Halloween night, which may or may not be scary. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Others and Paranormal Activity ARE my favorite scary movies so I'm definitely going to take your suggestion about Joy Ride. Thanks Jen!

      Delete
  3. wool jumpers are my number one ever loving favourite. just can't get enough! I really love halloween too, but I prefer cutesy themed things to really scary things. I is a wimp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely as ever.

    Halloween films: Two words... Dario Argento. I would recommend Suspiria or Phenomena (hilarious).

    I also love Arsenic and Old Lace, an old Cary Grant movie that isn't scary but is a barrel of laughs... and Peter Lorre is a wino/plastic surgeon(!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My high school put on Arsenic & Old Lace and I was a house manager for it! It's a really cute old movie, huh? :)

      Delete
  5. I LOVE that dress!! It looks perfect with that shirt under it! :)
    Unfortunately I don't do scary Halloween movies, only fun ones ;)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love ghost stories too. When I was in college, some of my friends lived in this old house, and weird stuff happened all the time, coins would slide across the floor sometimes, freaky noises, kitchen cabinet doors would open by themselves. It was an old house; I'm sure it wasn't exactly level, and I'm sure science would explain away the weird stuff with some theory about magnetic forces in the earth or something. But that wasn't very reassuring when we were hanging out and doors would suddenly shut by themselves. We had a lot of fun in that house though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aghhh I would have DIED! Stuff moving by itself gets me every time--so creepy!

      Delete
  7. I can't explain how much I love this dress/top combo!! SO CUTE! They were made for each other. Love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shoes!
    Just curious, are you keeping up with any scary stuff on television? Particularly The Walking Dead? I don't like many scary things, but the psychological tension in zombie/post-apocalyptic scenarios fascinate, intrigue, and terrify me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've stopped by your blog a few times and i absolutely love your style! and i am the same way - i love ghost stories and the paranormal but would be dead scared to experience it in real life :) i remember growing up reading stories to tell in the dark! my girlfriends and i would giggle and be totally scared! (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1325218.Scary_Stories_to_Tell_in_the_Dark) a very spooky october to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi, ashley! your shoes are banging.

    halloween is my favorite holiday because it is completely devoid of pressure. the only thing required/expected are candies and costumes, really, and who doesn't love these? but, like you, what i like best are the spooks and paranormal weirdness.

    mimi.

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(