11.04.2012

correct me if I'm wrong


Description of PhotoDescription of Photo



Description of Photo

Description of Photo

Outfit Details:
vintage mustard blouse: thrift store
vintage 1950s Guatemalan hand embroidered skirt. I'm selling a black version and a pinkish version at the shop (but kept the teal for myself, I couldn't resist!)
Worishofer sandals: Amazon


Description of Photo
Description of Photo


Last Friday Grant and I took a short trip up to Palm Springs in order to see a band, The  Thee Oh Sees, play at Pappy and Harriets. We flirted with the idea of driving back and forth just for the show but...just no. Instead we grabbed a room at The Ace and enjoyed the desert while we could.  We did a bit of thrifting that afternoon and usually I have awful luck at the stores in Palm Springs because I feel like they get really picked over from all of the desert treasure hunters but I did manage to find a few things for the shop--hooray! 

After dinner at Jakes (get the meatloaf and mac 'n' cheese. TRUST.) we drove over to  Pappy and Harriets which is near Joshua Tree. Both Grant and I had never been to this venue but had heart great things about it. Well, it truly did not disappoint. It's essentially a saloon and it's decorated with Western ephemera and show fliers but  what's great about it is that it doesn't feel like a hokey and weird wild west themed bar. The place just has a special vibe, and I'm sure the smell of mesquite when you first walk in doesn't hurt either!

Finally, after a few opening acts, The  Thee Oh Sees went on. They kind of reminded me of The Cramps. They were good! 




PS: If you're in SF, you should try to make this! Come check out Grant's work, laugh at his captions, drink free beer, and peruse the shop! Also, he'll be selling prints and zines so nows the time to be emptying out those piggy banks if yaknow what I mean ;-)
Description of Photo



15 comments:

  1. Thee Oh Sees are one of my all time favorite bands! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah wow, I found a skirt almost identical to this except in emerald green at an opshop here the other day! Who knows how a Guatemalan skirt from the 50s makes its way to suburban New Zealand in the now, but I am happy to have found it. You look beautiful in yours, and this colour combination is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, I love your outfit! It's perfect for desert romping! The skirt is beautiful!
    Also, I like The Cramps, so I'll definitely have to check that band out! Sounds like a great time!

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh that skirt is beautiful, especially with the palm trees behind you. Coincidentally I fly into SF this Thursday evening to visit my boyfriend/fiance (he moved out there a few months ago). I would love to swing by Grant's exhibit and hangout, but I'll probably get in close to closing time. Let me know if you guys might be hanging out after!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Thee Oh Sees not The!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love making sort of spur of the moment trips like that! Sometimes even when something is driveable it's nice to just stay over. :)
    And I love that skirt :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That skirt is stunningly gorgeous. I don't blame you for keeping the blue one to yourself. The pink one sounds pretty as well. I need to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am completely enamored of that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. looooooove this :) you always have such beautiful pictures! love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Musturd looks good on you. I'm in SF!! Wow... that exhibit is really close to me too. Oops. The opening party was yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice color combination and you look nice!

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(