11.26.2012

lion tamer

Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo Description of Photo 
Outfit Details:
vintage polka dot blouse: pile sale
navy blue wide legged pants: Pilcro via Anthropologie
vintage lion cardigan: pile sale
Clarks Mary Janes : Amazon
magnifying glass necklace: Oh, Hello Friend

Hello! I hope that everyone's Thanksgivings were nice, normal, and stress free. I cooked Thanksgiving dinner by myself this year for the family and I didn't burn the house down so I suppose I did something right ;-)
It's been a little quiet on the blog lately, which I apologize for. I've taken on some more responsibility at my day job working in PR and I'm still learning how to juggle all of the things I like to do (write this blog, sell vintage, go on adventures, the usual).
Anyway, yesterday, Grant and I were bored and were looking for some fun thing to do in Orange County.  When this happens I usually go straight to www.ocweekly.com and look at the events calendar. It's usually more miss than hit but it seems like the stars aligned because the Patchwork Indie Arts & Crafts Festival was happening in Santa Ana. We motored on over and spent a nice afternoon perusing the different stalls and eating ice cream sandwiches from Cool Haus (a chocolate chip cookie with salted choclate ice cream for me and a plain jane chocolate chip and vanilla ice cream sandwich for Grant). I picked up the necklace that I'm wearing in this post yesterday. I cannot tell you how long I've wanted a necklace like this. Somebody give me some fine print to read!


NOTE: not really sure why there is an enormous gap between paragraphs in this post. I'm about ready to throw my computer against the wall or burn down blogspot HQ because I've been trying to fix it for wayyy too long. Bahhumbug!!

16 comments:

  1. I love the little lions on your sweater and this 70s vibe you've got going!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cardigan is SO adorable!! Love the whole look though, really, it's very very cute :)

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cardigan! This is such an awesome outfit! :D
    I know what you mean, sometimes life just gets far too busy!

    As for the gap - go into HTML mode and remove the copy in brackets that says (replace ( with < )
    (div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: center")more code in here(/div)
    (there are 7 of them, ha ha) Let me know if that doesn't make sense
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the necklace it looks good on you. Do you think you'll ever get the chance to make some of your own jewelry with some of own gems? If so, I look forward to seeing some of your creations someday *-*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I love the pants. Totally understand finding balance -- I've just hit my stride with work/grad school/family/blogging, and the semester's about to end! haha...

    Blogger has done that to my paragraphs before, too! Weird...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I love your outfit! The lion cardigan is perfect! Also, a chocolate chip salted caramel ice cream sandwich sounds like a dream! I want that!

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute, love the light in these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aaahh your pants rocks. happy (super) late thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. aw what a cute cardigan! I love the lions on the sleeves! rawwrr

    ReplyDelete
  11. SUPER DUPER DUPER in love with that cardigan! Its so cute. Ahh i wish i had your wardrobe!
    Anna

    http://opshopaholic.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is one awesome sweater. not just for the lions, either! i love the green and yellow and the striped details.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the whole look! I'm a fan of pocket watch/looking glass necklaces myself, and this one is so cool!))

    http://tri-skelos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. so weird! i had a dream in front of that house and i don't know where it is!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you look great !! and who cares about the gaps in the paragraphs ... but i know what you mean lol :)

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(