11.07.2012

thrift files

Another edition of thrift files! Here are some odds and ends that have caught my eye lately...

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Yeahhh I pretty much couldn't believe my luck when I stumbled upon this mid century love seat. For $40 you better believe that I bought it! Now it lives in my garage. Fingers crossed it will be living in its own home early next year! ;-)

Photobucket

The real Steve Zissou

Photobucket
Cute camp mugs from The Goodwill. I have a few of these already.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Dapper men in sweaters and cardigans. Tried to convince Grant to buy this since he is the Cardigan King. Found at Savers.

Photobucket

Little bowls.

Photobucket
Found at the Salvation Army

Photobucket
A whale from "Marineland"

Photobucket
Yellow furniture just finds me.

Photobucket
Cute kitty mug.

Photobucket
I should have bought this. You wouldn't believe how much this utterance comes out of my mouth during a given day. From The Goodwill.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

So sweet. From St Vincent de Paul.

Photobucket

Wouldn't mind having that cardigan. From Savers.

Photobucket
Cool mugs.

Photobucket
From Savers.


Previous thrift files posts can be found HERE 


13 comments:

  1. I love everything in this post! The furniture is such a gorgeous colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah! i love thrifting. i look forward to the day when i have my own place and i can buy some of the beautiful furniture i see whenever i'm out looking. that no doy! mug is hilarious. also, yellow furniture is interesting because it stands out, but for me it is hit or miss. it's got to be like, the perfect shade of yellow otherwise no-go :D Enjoyed seeing what you found.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have had awesome luck! Love the couch and chair, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the loveseat is perfect! i always thought i'd want to find a vintage loveseat since my apartment is so small... instead i ended up with an 8-footer orange beast that takes up my whole living room. oh well!

    the marineland whale is probably from here http://www.marinelandcanada.com/ known for the catchy jingle in their commercial... and more recently, animal abuse :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah, great finds! I'm glad you bought that love seat. Such a great color! Looks cozy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY thrift files! I can't believe you scored that couch for 40 bucks in that condition, O_O amazing! I got a big red couch at the rose bowl flea market last month for $75, but it's not REALLY vintage, and is in need of cleaning...also, I have a whole set of those 'best in children's books' that my mom snapped up at an estate sale over ten years ago. fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way cool couch. And love the children's books too. I remember watching old Jacques Cousteau programs when I was little. That's why I took oceanography in high school! And why I named my little whale brooches Cousteau. I thought it was kinda cool when Life Aquatic came out that a new generation of kids found out about him. At least I hope they did...and didn't think it was something Wes Anderson made up. o_O

    ReplyDelete
  8. Before I read the captions, I was like... I hope bought that loveseat. In such great shape and the color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the yellow couch and the 'no doy' mug! That's amazing!!

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. We just moved to a new place and Im looking for a sofa. Its so hard to find something nice though. Im totally down to getting it second hand but would want to replace the covers. Hope you're well xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Musturd couch!! Love it. I love musturd but I don't own any of it in clothing form...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have that exact same Cousteau book! Time after time I've thought of cutting it up when various projects call, but I can't bring myself to harm it!
    -Alyssa
    http://arrowheadvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(