12.17.2012

exciting news!


Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo

Outfit Details:
vintage cable knit cardigan: thrift store
silk polka dot button up: thrift store
Skirt: C/O BB Dakota
Vintage suede chukkas: thrift store
vintage clip on bow tie: LA Vintage Expo

So I have a bit of exciting new that feels strange to type out: I bought a home! I know, weird, right? I still can't believe it. I didn't want to say anything about it on the blog incase it fell through but now I can blab about it all I want! I found a really great place in Long Beach after trolling the MLS listings daily for almost a year (perseverance pays off!). After wading through hundreds of listings with properties that were either 1. too expensive, 2. in a terrible location, I'm pleased to say that the place I settled on is just what I've been looking for.  It was mostly a relatively painless ordeal although there were certainly super nerve-wracking (and not to mention immensely frustrating) moments but I lived to tell the tale, so there!

Grant and I are exciting to move in and really make the place our own.  I can't wait :)

 

21 comments:

  1. congratulations on your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the home! Cute look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Loving your outfit, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun moving into your new home... what a big and exciting life step!! And you look adorable, by the way; love your outfit :)

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That's so exciting... my dream is to own my grandmother's home someday.

    I don't comment here often but I also wanted to say that your outfit here is PARTICULARLY charming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, and you'll love playing house, it's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. woohoo! a great feeling. we recently purchased a home too & can relate to the nerve-wracking waits & endless searching!
    have fun decorating:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i know i haven't commented in a while, but this outfit is perfection! i love it so much.
    and congrats on buying a freakin' house! jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is exciting and congratulations! You must be looking forward to getting all your home furnishings sorted. Great outfit, and those boots are serious perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting!! I can't wait to see how you decorate the house and make it your own. :)

    I loveee this outfit. Something I would wear in a heartbeat! I especially love your green suede boots. So darling!

    xxoo Elanor

    ReplyDelete
  11. i can't wait to see it! it'll be the cutest house i bet. also, i love how small the bow tie is. i want one! and you find the best shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pictures! Pictures! I'd love to see the Before and After process!
    And congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this look! The combination of colors, prints and fabrics is so great!
    AND YAYYYY!!!! Congratulations on the house! Such a big event!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. congratssss!!!!! yayyy you guys are gonna decorate it to the nines, i just know it. post pics when ya can :-) also im diggin the chukkas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! That is sooo cool! We just moved but we're only renting. I can imagine how wonderful it must be to own your home!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! Can't wait to see how you both decorate. Thrift files will become even more exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. yaaay Ashley, MAJOR congratulations!!! what a wonderful way to finish off the year, I am so happy for you :). on another note, I love this outfit of yours - it's a combination of textures, patterns and colors I could only dream about pulling off, which you do effortlessly. Congrats, again!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. AHHHHHHHH!!! Congrats! So exciting. I'm in the middle of closing on a house, which I don't like to talk about because I don't want to jinx anything.. So I feel you girl on the whole nerve wracking and frustrating, I feel you. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. omg gurl congrats so much! that must feel amazing <3
    ps: im hoping to finally get around to mailing you a package for our swap in the new year!

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(