12.04.2012

peter

Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo

Outfit Details:
dress: thrift store
vintage beret: etsy
socks: c/o Falke

Sooo I've been trying to make this beret happen and I'm not sure if I can pull it off. I must have taken it off my head and readjusted it five different times for these photos.  I like how  a beret looks when its worn on the back of the head, sort of like a tam hat, but that pretty much means its going to fall off in .4 seconds. Then I tried to put it squarely on my head and like tilt it so that its "jauntily askew" but that looked dumb too. Sigh. Surprisingly (not surprisingly) Grant can wear a beret like nobodies business! He is a trendsetter, you know ;-)

PS: I have an interview up  at Locale Magazine! If you want to read my thoughts on fashion, Orange County, and the like click this link!

13 comments:

  1. love love every little thing about this outfit, especially the beret! You defintley pull it off :)

    What part of Orange County are you in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so cute! i love that thrifted dress and the pops of color from the hat and tights :)

    Chioma
    C's Evolution of Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny because I was having the same issues last week with a beret needless to say you look great and rocked it!

    xo,
    eelsay

    www.theluxuryrehab.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha! I find myself readjusting berets more than wearing them as well. It looks really cute on you though, and I love the yellow with the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Berets are endless adjustment, period. I had the same problem here: http://weliveupstairs.blogspot.com/2012/10/hepburn-in-training.html
    I definitely spent more time adjusting than wearing. Ah, well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I think it looks cute!
    And I just cannot pull off hats...I look like a doof
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel the same way with berets! I can't get them to stay on the back of my head, no matter how hard I try. If I want to wear them, I need to wear them like a hat...a real hat...all snug on my head.
    Oh well...

    But I think, at least in these photos (I don't know if it fell off in the process haha)you look sweet with that beret. It works really well with your dress.

    -Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! or you can use clear bobby pins to pin it to the back of your head!

    http://oliveandbordeaux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look lovely!!! I love the orange socks with the blue and white print dress :)

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com
    ENTER MY GIVEAWAY WORTH $500!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love you your fan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nooooo you totally pull it off! I think you look beyond adorable in it and mustard yellow is a dream colour on you :) Maybe try using a hat pin to secure it in place? I am the same though, I am always fidgeting with hats! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved your interview! You seem so down to earth, like someone I could be friends with if we didn't live so far apart!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your beret looks great, but I get where you're coming from. Hats in general make me feel way too fussy, as I'm constantly readjusting them. Perhaps a nice hat pin would make it feel more secure?

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(