12.19.2012

thrift files.

Before I  get started, I wanted to say a big thank you to all the sweet well wishes in my last post! I am immensely excited about getting the place all set up and I plan on making posts about the process. Methinks there is going to be a ton of DIY projects in the future so I hope that's okay by you ;-)

And now...thrift files...or should I say, estate sale files! These batch of photos are from some estate sales Grant and I hit up a week or two ago. And of course, we never get there early enough to glimpse the really amazing stuff. I've mentioned it before but estate sales in Southern California (Orange County) are highly competitive. Like, 30+ people showing up at 5 AM for an estate sale that starts at 8 AM. Yeah, no thanks. 

Photobucket
Photobucket
So many great pieces of sheet music! Makes me want to wipe the dust off my piano and tickle the ol' ivories again.

Photobucket
old glass jugs

Photobucket
cute little dala horse hanging

Photobucket
I spy some futura (Wes Anderson's font of choice incase you've never noticed).

Photobucket
Old packaging always makes me week in the knees.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
They don't make marbleized book edges anymore, now do they?

Photobucket
One of the sales we went to was an estate of a pin up photographer from the 40s-50s! Pretty much all of his photographs were sold so we didn't get to see any : /

Photobucket
To think, there was a time when people carried pocket dictionaries (in their vests). Photobucket
One can always brush up on their knowledge of cheeses.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Bought these four books. I'd like to get a Penguin/ Pelican book collection going. I thought the insult book would deliver the old timey zingers that I was hoping for but instead everything was pretty tame. The book cover makes up for it I 'spose.

For more thrift files, click HERE 

5 comments:

  1. So many great things!! I love going to estate sales; you can always see the story behind a person's life (which can be both sad and charming at the same time).

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the cheese book lol! very knowledgeable indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should start up on youtube videos again! I liked those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thrift files are my fave posts! those books are such a find! i love penguin. hope your christmas was wonderful. any new years plans?

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(