1.14.2013

thrift files | adventures in thrifting

Photobucket
A ceramic canister set, found at the Goodwill.

Photobucket
Ha!

Photobucket
a small mid century dresser, found at Salvation Army

Photobucket
LOVE finding old yearbooks. This ones from the '40s.

Photobucket

Photobucket
So tempted to buy all of these books but I resisted. Gotta love those old gold leaf spines.

Photobucket
Tiny orange juice glasses.

Photobucket
A sweet little design.

Photobucket
More pretty ceramic canisters.

Photobucket
A  chair fit for a queen. Found at Salvation Army.

Photobucket
Some old fancy paper place mats, found at the Goodwill.

Photobucket
Little mid century rooster plate.

Photobucket
Vintage pyrex. I've been amassing quite the collection but have had to stop myself from buying more  bowls (I have way too many). 

PhotobucketPhotobucket
And old boy scout hand book.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
A pretty solid chair.



For more thrift files, click HERE 

11 comments:

  1. You always find such beautiful, fun, and interesting things when you go out thrifting!! It always makes me miss being able to avidly thrift :)

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap, those books! Swooning. Also the chair. These kind of thrift gold is unheard of in NYC. Green with envy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! Those placemats! That yearbook! How/Why did you resist?! I admire your fortitude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, that last chair is awesome. This makes me want to go thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow look at those elaborate 40s hairstyles! Insane. I bet they took forever.

    And I love those vintage classic novels. Someday I hope to have a little library/study filled with little gems like those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that old yearbook! And that chair! Such great finds, I adore thrifting.
    xo, Tori
    http://generationscollective.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh the strength you have in not purchasing those books! I have a tendency to buy vintage books to replace the copies I do have but what ends up happening is I keep both. not so good when you hate clutter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love old gold leaf spines toooo. It is hard not to buy up all the old books while thrifting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Very interesting blog!!! Beautiful stylizations:) I really like this style:) If you get a second, I’d love to hear your thoughts on theme my blog:) I greet:) Iwona:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that "queen" chair so much! :-)

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(