2.26.2013

thrift files | adventures in thrifting

Hello! A round up of pieces that have caught my eye at the thrifts. To start off, here are a few pieces I bought for our place...
Photobucket
Found at the Salvation Army. $10. I KNOW, WHAT? It was even outside where I always assumed they keep the "undesirable" furniture.  Swiped it up real quick. Now it lives in a sunny corner with a throw pillow on top of it.

Photobucket
Another Salvation Army find! I came across it on half off day, it was originally $88 (still cheap) and I got it for $44. I was looking for some type of credenza/ dresser thing to act as a TV stand so this will work perfectly. Eventually I'd like to sand it down and re-stain it because it's a little banged up around the edges but oh well. I cleaned it and rubbed some Old English on it so that will just have to do for now ;-) Grant and I will probably stuff all the drawers full with DVDs and board games.

Photobucket
Instant regret, should have bought this mug!

Photobucket
Old office supplies.

Photobucket
Someones cool grampa in the window.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Love the packaging on this.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Mid century bedroom set. Salvation Army.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Floral couches. St. Vincent de Paul.

Photobucket
Unicorn friend.

Photobucket
A colorful, quasi-Egyptian print.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Love the brass hardware on this desk. Found at St. Vincent de Paul.

Photobucket
Wood and glass scoop jars. Would have bought these except they were in the "fancy" section of the Salvation Army which meant they were ludicrously over priced. Bahhumbug!
Photobucket
This was in the fancy section of the St. Vincent de Paul in LA. SO nice.

Photobucket
Some 70s woven hanging planter. Found at Salvation Army.

Photobucket
Kind of cool shell art thing?

'til next time. More thrift files HERE.

11 comments:

  1. Some really great finds. I definitely need to make a trip out to Value Village soon! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great finds!! That "WHATEVER" mug... so sad you didn't buy it; I would have snatched it up in a heartbeat!!

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these thrift files posts. Always intriguing finds. I like the quasi-Egyptian print and that plant hanger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the "whatever" mug, such a great find! also, the couch is so perfect!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE these posts! they are honestly such an inspiration.
    That unicorn statue is AMAZING! haha
    Hope your well xx

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pieces, mostly I like chair, and couldn't believe how it's cheap!! Lucky!

    http://photostorms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, Papa Falconer rules! hah I'm always finding cool and/or weird things on my hunts, and wish I could share them. Your thrift files have given me the motivation to not lazily leave my camera at home! Just wanted to say thank you for the inspiration, and keep up the great work!

    Allyson
    http://birthdaylifevintage.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the furniture you bought! I wish we had thrift stores stocked with stuff like that here. Unfortunately, there are way too many design savvy folks in these parts, people tend to know the potential value of what they have and sell on craigslist rather than donate to thrift stores. Also, if by some miracle something was sold for a steal at an estate sale or something, the vintage dealers snap everything up before anyone else can get to it. We've bought a few vintage pieces for our house, but we definitely didn't pay $10!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you and your eagle eye! I love it. And those prices you snagged your pieces at - amazing! It's a shame how stores like the Salvation Army and St. Vincent de Paul have those "fancy" sections now...it slightly takes the fun out of the hunt. It's funny to see when certain things get overlooked though :D. and speaking of St. VDP - it looks like you were in my neighborhood at that one, yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. uuuuhhhh this is tickling my credenza fetish

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the credenza! & what a good deal you got. And those wood/glass jars, my mom had those!

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(