2.19.2013

where the sidewalk ends


Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo 
Description of Photo

Outfit Details:
vintage blouse: thrift store
vintage lime green 1960s jacket: available at Cardigan King
vintage polka dot skirt: thrift store

I never wear green so I thought I'd throw caution to the wind and go all out with this vivid lime green cardigan from Grant's shop. Of course I had to pair it with navy blue (my safety color), but I really liked how the two colors looked together so hooray for that!

Me lately:

Been going to the chiropractor a few times a week. I've been experiencing weird back pain since early January which isn't normal for me. Turns out I have a slightly curved spine, military neck, and a leg that is significantly shorter than the other--HA! Geez louise. Hopefully I can get straightened out in the next few months.

I can more or less put my hair into a bun again which is a big deal for me. Long locks here I come! Related: late one night after trolling YouTube for "how to cut bangs" videos I felt confident enough to attempt a similar transformation for myself. Luckily things came out OK and I can still push my bangs to the side--whew!


FINALLY found Lady Gray tea at Target! I have been looking all over for it for close to a year and success was had about a week ago. Early Gray is my favorite tea flavor but sometimes it tastes a little too strong/ smokey for me. Lady Gray is a lot more citrusty/ lighter tasting and I am obsessed. Good ol' Twinnings to the rescue! (Currently drinking a cup and eating a King's Hawaiian roll...my kryptonite).

11 comments:

  1. I have a leg that's significantly shorter than the other as well, haha!! Shame that you're back is in pain though; glad to hear you're taking care of it before it gets really bad :)
    As for your outfit it's lovely!! That skirt is just gorgeous.

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the one of you ascending steps to nowhere. so great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I loved Shel Silverstein when I was little. My back has been bothering me too for a while, and so we decided to buy a new mattress. It feels so much better already, and we didn't even spend a lot of money. Also, it helps to be aware of how you're sitting, etc. especially if you're on the computer for long periods of time at work or whatever. If you do already have some genetic issues to deal with (one leg shorter, etc) and by the way, most people do have something...bodies really aren't symmetrical...it helps to pay attention to posture, how you lift things, sleeping habits, etc. I think I just wrote "etc" about 18 times, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bangs! Good job in taking the plunge and also green looks great on you. Wear it more often if you get a chance to! I hope your back gets better.
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I also love the combo with lime green and navy, unexpectedly elegant! Hope your back gets better, I know how back pain ruins everything you do. My boyfriend has had two herniated discs. Not fun!

    XX, Simona

    ReplyDelete
  6. In looove with your outfit. Especially your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so lovely! I like how many of your outfits are completely thrifted. And I hope your chiro visits will help you resolve your back issues.

    Glad to have stumbled upon your blog today! Will definitely be following.

    ReplyDelete
  8. miss your penny loafer pictures,can you do more

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely skirt. I wish it was that warm here...it's snowing :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this outfit, especially the polka dot skirt! I have a vintage spring/lime green blouse I should try pairing with my polka dot skirt... thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the green and polka dots - great style and gorgeous photos! x, Kat

    Love and Ace

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(