3.06.2013

citron


Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo
Description of Photo

vintage 1960s  gathered cape: available at Cardigan King
blouse: thrift store
vintage trousers: thrift store
sunglasses: Asos
socks: Target

For my amusement, and perhaps yours, a list of random survey questions:

Do you ever count your steps when you walk?
Yes! Not all the time, but sometimes I find myself doing this

Do you chew your pens and pencils?
Maybe once or twice. Out of boredom.

What is your “Song of the Week”?
For whatever reason, I'm on a major Red Hot Chili Peppers kick (why??). "By The Way" has been taking over my Spotify.

Do you still watch cartoons?
The Simpsons.

What do you dip Chicken Nuggets in?
Chicken nuggets were never my meal of choice so I didn't really grow up eating them (I'll take a flat cheeseburger with two pickles and rehydrated onions from from McDonald's any day of the week)  but ever since dating Grant I have taken to dipping my nuggets (Wendy's or bust) in bbq sauce.

What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
I have a few: Forrest Gump, Almost Famous, Amelie, Zoolander and probably others that I cant think of.

Can you change the oil on a car?
I can definitely pay someone to do it for me.

Run out of gas?
This is like my #1 fear in life. The thought of running out of gas on the freeway gives me palpitations.
Favorite kind of sandwich?
A thanksgiving sandwich (turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing).  If there was a restaurant or food truck that only made Thanksgiving food I would go every week

Best thing to eat for breakfast?
I have a love/ hate relationship with breakfast. I will eat "breakfast food" but I'm never super excited about it. I'm not 100% convinced on eggs for that matter (scrambled, sunny side up, poached, over easy...) the texture creeps me out and I cant think about it too much while I'm eating. Brunch is my breakfast of choice.

What is your usual bedtime?
Midnight

Do you believe in ghosts?
YES. But I have never seen a ghost and hope to never encounter one. I LOVE ghost stories and hearing about paranormal stuff. 

Do you take a vitamin daily?
I take two gummy vitamins a day. 

Wear slippers?
HAAA. My mom and grandma are convinced that not wearing slippers equals a one way ticket to varicose veins. We have ceramic tile throughout the house. If I got a $1 every time I heard,  "ASHLEY! SLIPPERS!!!!!!!!!!!" I would be a very rich lady. Grant is not above reprimand, he gets busted for not wearing slippers in the house too!

Wear a bath robe?
Looks like a good idea.

Cheetos Or Fritos?
No competition: cheetos. 

9 comments:

  1. You look so cute! The sun with the yellow is perfect.
    And I'm in love with your movie choices. Common, give us your best blue steel! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing look.Love that yellow cape! I'm kind obsessed with vintage stuff.Just can't find them in stores :(
    Usually I find them in my mom closet :D
    I love the Simpsons.Great answers!

    http://style-dreamer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, the cape is amazing. If I saw you on the street I'd think you were a movie star :)

    Secondly, loved the little survey its nice getting to know little random facts about your favorite bloggers. As for the thanksgiving sandwich, my favorite sandwich shop where I live in Boulder, CO has it! For fun (well, I think reading menus is fun)... It's under the sandwich to go menu here:
    http://dishgourmet.com/menus/

    Have a great day!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a restaurant/diner near me that serves a Thanksgiving sandwich! They call it their Day After Thanksgiving sandwich. It even has gravy on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfit! I love ghost stories, too! I'm not really sure why, seeing as I can't even sleep without some form of light on, but I just like being freaked out!

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard about the danger of not wearing slippers!! D:
    My skin and hair color is very similar to yours and the lovely way you carry mustard yellow with red lipstick encourages me to try it more often...
    Greetings from México City!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This may be one of my favorite outfits of yours, I'm in love with that cape gaahh!

    And, wonderful interview - great favorite movies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg I love the cape! Its soo weirdly cute hahaa.. And "by the way" was my favourite song in the former times, though its tragic how I've now,completely abandoned listening to the band :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. so funny about the slippers... i think it's a non-american thing to want feet covered even in the house (or maybe i'm making it up that your fam is from someone else but i'm remember a post like a yr ago where you visited fam in another country). anyway, my venezuelan hubs used to get so weirded out about me walking around barefoot too so it made me laugh. and anyway, i LOVE that cape, such a perfect cut and color!

    http://dusanabotswana.com/

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(