5.21.2013

ace




Outfit Details:
vintage overalls (cut into shortalls): thrift store
1970s terry cloth shirt: available at the shop
Asos sunglasses
Keds

On Wednesday Grant and I hightailed it to Palm Springs to spend a few days celebrating our five year anniversary! I can't believe it's been five years already. Literally, it feels like mayyybbe two years since I first met Grant at school. Grant was in one of my classes and he sat a few rows behind me. This class had assigned seats so you couldn't move willy nilly or else you'd be counted as absent. Anyway, I would get to class like 10 minutes early and as I would walk up I would, without fail, see this mystery guy sitting on a little cement planter outside and every time I would think to myself, " GEEZ, that guy is really cute. Too bad he doesn't know I exist la la lala." and I would take my seat and play Ms. Pacman on my Razr (ha!!) until class started. Literally, every day I would take note of him being in class and during lectures I would slyly turn around to take a peek and on days he wasn't there I'd secretly be a little disappointed.  This went on for pretty much the entire semester until one or two lectures before the last day of class I walked into the lecture hall and Grant plus his friend (who I had never seen before) greeted me at the door. His friend was all like, "hey!! how are you??" and I, with a Twix bar in hand didn't even stop walking to my seat but muttered a confused, "uhh good??". I was so confused! I settled into my seat and as I was about to unwrap that Twix bar Grant's  friend came up to me (mind you class hasn't started but most people are at their seats) and was all like, "Hey! Did you see my friend over there?" Me: ...yes?? "Well, he's been wanting to talk to you all semester...maybe you should talk to him after class?" Me: ...ok, I will!

So at the end of class, I waited for him outside and as he walked up to me I told him, "a little bird told me to come talk to you" and the rest is history! Turns out Grant had noticed ME walking by him before every class period and since I would always come early and make a beeline towards my assigned seat, it was hard for him to find a chance to talk to me since he couldn't sit next to me and at the end of class, I would pretty much speed walk to my car and drive away (no lingering for this girl). He talked about me so much to his friends that one of them, after repeatedly hearing how little progress he was making towards getting to know me, felt compelled to come with him to school so that he could help move things along.

ANYWAY, not sure if you ever wanted to know how we met but there it is :)

13 comments:

  1. Awwww cute story! I love hearing how couples first met. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh that is sweet, also I think that's so great his friend decided to help out. I love how we met tales. Also I love the little flash of colour with the yellow socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a super cute story =). My boyfriend and I celebrated our 2nd year anniversary a couple weeks ago and went to a fancy restaurant. It was awesome. Looks like you guys had a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAha oh my goodness that is the cutest story ever!!! I'm the same way as you I would run in and run out of class...I wonder if I ever missed out on a man because of that ;)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect tale!! True love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg ... what a cute story!!! love it so much ... thanks for sharing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw!! How sweet that he noticed you too! It's funny how things work out like that. Congrats on your anniversary. I love your overalls, I've been wanting to get a pair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is the cutest story of getting together, ever :3 congratulations on your anniversary!! I look forward to more of your and Grant's shenanigans in the coming years! also, the shortalls (are they still called that?) and striped tee take me back to my days of romping around outside as a kiddo - you make it look soooo good, I want!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has got to be one of the cutest stories I've ever read. I wish my story was as nice. I absolutely hate how I met my boyfriend! He was basically pursuing my friend first before getting interested in me. We are nearing 4 years though so it worked out quite well. But still. I wish there was more of a gradual chase!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that was a very nice story!! You look like "coffee latte" together,, don't know why but everytime I see your pics together, I say they are so well together like milk & coffee :))

    <33

    Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I seriously love this story. Thanks for sharing! Everyone loves a happy romance. <3 =)

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(