1.06.2014

sunrise sunset







 Outfit details:
vintage embroidered top - pile sale
vintage striped skirt - thrift store
felt hat - Target
vintage loafers - thrift store

Not sure if anyone reads this thing anymore but Happy New Year all the same! So far I've been spending these first few days of the new year sick with a heinous head cold/ sinus infection. I picked up some Sudafed and have made big plans in the form of catching up with the Downton Abbey christmas special with a mug of hot tea--very exciting stuff!

These photos were taken a little after Christmas. Grant and I decided to have a fun LA day which consisted of checking out some photography exhibits and getting Ethiopian food for dinner. We had a big chunk of time until dinner so we thought that checking out the Observatory would be a good idea. I had never been during sunset, only at night, so it was really nice to see the sky change and the sun set over the Hollywood Hills and LA.  Definitely something worth doing a few times a year, I think!

PS: I got a Kindle Paperwhite for Christmas and it's official: i'm hooked. I had always been a little weary of e-readers but the Paperwhite is zero frills (which I like) and at this rate, I'll be reading WAY more this year than any other. I love to read but I'm lazy about finding books, being able to buy or borrow books on demand is amazing. I'm already half way through D.V. (the Diana Vreeland memoir--highly recommended) and I started last night.


9 comments:

  1. I always think of the super friends in the Simpson's when I hear the word observatory, "to the observatory!" Lol!

    Love that Diana Vreeland memoir. Her tips for using up leftover champagne is so useful! ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Kindle obsessed, but I do like to buy nice hardcover copies of books I've read and love after finishing them on my Kindle.

    You look so summery and wonderful, I can't imagine wearing anything but 20 layers at this time of year.

    PS-Do I spy a Bright Eyes reference?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Kallie! It's HOT in California right now, I wouldn't mind it cooling down a bit (the grass is always greener, huh?). Also, more like a Fiddler on the Roof reference (way less cool) : X

      Delete
  3. Happy new year. I've been thinking about getting a kindle for while. I'm just not sure how much I would use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in the same boat but now that I have it I know I'll be using it a ton. I would much rather read a book than be on the computer ;-)

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year! :D I love that skirt on you!
    (And is that the place that's in Rebel Without a Cause?)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year! (And of course we all still read your lovely blog!) That skirt is so lovely and you look beautiful as always. California looks amazing, so incredible to see you have glorious weather all year round. I could do with a bit of that sunshine right now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still reading! I love that hat. Looks lovely where you are. It's mainly rain here. I got a kindle for christmas too! I've always been strictly 'written paper page only' but I might be turned now. Have a great weekend!

    www.prettynostalgia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(