3.25.2014

where the orange and palm trees sway



 Outfit details:
Straw boater hat: thrifted
Button back blouse: thrifted
Vintage striped skirt: thrifted
Vintage loafers: thrifted

 Hi hello! Spring is here (not like there ever really was a winter in California but whatever) which means the bougainvillea is popping off! Nothing says California in the spring like bright pink bougainvillea and the smell of orange blossoms and jasmine in the air. It's the best!

Just realized that I never mentioned this: Grant and I are going to Europe in May! YEAH! We've been saving our pennies and we finally have enough for trip. We're headed to London, Paris, Madrid and Lisbon. I've been scouring websites/ Trip Advisor/ random travel blogs for fun things to do, both of the super touristy variety and off the beaten path. If you're reading this and have a recommendation, anything from a cafe to check out or a cool, scenic spot to gaze upon PLEASE holler at me ;-)

And lastly, I have an awesome giveaway to the shop over at Calivintage! Win $100 of MILK TEETHS vintage goods! Giveaway is open to US and International friends AND you can get 15% off with code "Calivintage" right now. Hop on over to Erin's blog to learn how to enter HERE




8 comments:

  1. Love the penny loafers, you look great in them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. some friends and i visited portugal when we studied abroad in spain in college. i really highly recommend visiting a small town called Sintra, if you'll be in Lisbon anyway. there was a train we took and it was an easy and beautiful day trip. i find barcelona more beautiful than madrid but it's always a split between people (not just regionalists) and i'm guessing it's simplest to just fly into madrid. either way, there is TONS to do and see there, you can spend days and days just browsing the museums, and if i remember they were pretty cheap for nice museums. have an awesome trip!! oh, and i love this 50's beachy vibe you have with this look. wish i could pull off long skirts like you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh we're going to Sintra and I'm SO looking forward to it! It looks like a dream of a city :) And yep, going to Madrid because it's the cheapest connection to Paris ;-) My boyfriends been to Barcelona a few times but not to Madrid so we thought we'd give it a look-see

      Delete
  3. Such a cute outfit and an amazing, amazing skirt. I will certainly be entering the giveaway. There is so much to do and see in London, it's really just a case of whittling it down to what you really want to do and see. I definitely recommend Angel, Soho and Covent Garden as areas for exploring interesting, lively streets with good shopping and eateries. As for individual places: Brixton Village, Kew Gardens, Greenwich Observatory and old Royal Naval College, Broadway Market, Liberty of London... too many to choose from! I am sure you will have an amazing trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I can't wait! When we went to Europe a few years ago London was one of my favorite cities out of the whole trip. So excited to be back :)

      Delete
  4. Ahhh Ashley, your hair is getting so long! It's been a while since we've talked (or blogged) to each other! Are you going to the A Current Affair vintage event on Saturday? You should go and we could meet up again finally! :) I love the pose in the last photo of you; so cute! Also, I'm starting to actually get back into blogging and I revamped it and everything. I'd love if you took a look and told me what you think. Thanks, Ash!
    http://melissasonico.squarespace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Melissa! Ha, I know! Long time no blog ;-) No Current Affair for me but I'm sure you'll have a blast :)

      Delete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(