11.17.2014

My New Blog: Permanent Weekend



Hey guys! So I have some exciting news, the new blogging space that I had mentioned a few posts back is now ready for public consumption. It's called Permanent Weekend and it is a blog written by Grant and myself.

I think it's a little evident that the personal style blogging thing has worn a bit thin for me. As much as I do like to share and chronicle my outfits, I feel like I have grown out of that blogging niche for a variety of reasons. Foremost, for me, fashion and personal blogging have changed A LOT since I started and what used to be a fun way to check out people's personal style and potentially get inspired by their outfits has morphed into a weird space where almost every outfit has been sponsored or subsidized by a brand or posts are really masked as advertisements for company X. Now I don't begrudge people for making money off of partnerships or advertising but more often than not there isn't a balance between the authentic and original versus what has been sponsored and paid for.

So, with that said, you might be wondering what this "Permanent Weekend" business is. Well, It's a space for posts about travel, for discovering off the beaten path spots around Southern California and beyond (two words: Huell Howser).

For sharing work and news from our amazing photographer and artist friends.  New 'zines, interesting gallery shows and collaborations--that sort of stuff will be posted there.

More posts on all things related to thrift stores (uh because we're obsessed): general tips, observations, gripes, our finds, the occasional DIY...

A space to nerd out on LA/SoCal history. I personally spend a lot of time looking through library photo databases for old photos of the area as well as reading through blog posts from various historical society web pages. I'm excited to finally be able to post my finds.

And since I'm now realizing that I don't have the time to write a paragraph for every single topic that we want to cover, in a nutshell there WILL be posts on: 90s nostalgia,  interviews with people who we think are interesting, music, skateboarding, pop culture, fashion, and more.

Anyway, it's a departure from this blogging space but one that I'm excited about. I do plan on posting here still, probably with the same frequency that I've been maintaining,  but the majority of my posts, musings, and creative efforts will now live on Permanent Weekend.

Thanks for keeping up with this blog of mine. I swear this isn't a farewell post (although it's starting to sound like one) but I am grateful to those of you have taken the time to read and look at what I've posted here throughout the years. I've always been thankful for the encouragement as well as shocked and humbled to find out that people know me from this blog. Whodathunkit. Anyway, thank you.
Really and truly :)

5 comments:

  1. i am so excited to read your new blog. i've felt the same about the fashion blogger thing for a long time, you articulated it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely agree about the direction of fashion blogging. I'm a little guilty of it myself! Excited to follow your new blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. you raised some good points, ashley. i guess i've felt a little hint of that myself. the need to find some new inspiration. i prefer to read blogs that have elements of actual lives outside of fashion blogging, too. i think that's why i have taken on all these projects that blogging has allowed me to stumble upon. i'll be following your new project with the same enthusiasm as i have followed this one. thanks for your email.
    xo
    n

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a nice article! Make all these milkteeth healthy and happy with these straumann products!

    ReplyDelete

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(