11.05.2014

Paris Photo Diary Part 1

Oh yeah, remember when I went to Paris earlier this year? You don't? Well, I don't blame you since my upkeep with this "blogging" business has been laughable as of late.

Anyway, I'm here right now to share part of the photos that I took on our trip. It rained for the majority of our time in Paris (we spent a full week in the city) which, I'm not gonna lie,  sucked. Although the rain didn't truly stop us from seeing and doing all the things we wanted to see. I think if anything it made us "turn in early" most evenings where if it were dry we'd probably be out doing much more walking and exploring at night.

I think I took fifty photos of all the different ornate doors I saw in Paris. 
The calm before the storm. We were able to do a small bit of strolling through the Tuileries before the first downpour. 
Not pictured: my cup of hot chocolate from Paul's that I would buy at every opportunity. Yes, I know Paul's is a chain and for all I know is probably on par with Panera in the US. I don't care! The hot chocolate is so good.

Menacing clouds at the Louvre. 

We stayed at an amazing little flat in Le Marais through Air BNB which means that Notre Dame was one of our nearest landmarks that we could easily walk to. 
The stained glass doesn't get old.

 
 We checked out a ton of different "off the beaten path" (read: not the Louvre) museums, the musee de carnavalet  was highly  recommended (and free!).  It definitely didn't disappoint. The museum is one dedicated to the history of Paris from ancient times and beyond.
Outrageous art deco tile work?? Sign me up.
 Last time we went to Paris we didn't get to stroll the Champs Elysees so I requested that get to do that.  If anything it was nice to walk the street for the historic value as I really didn't care about any of the modern shops that now line the boulevard.  Also, in my mind I kept flashing back to the entire "Paris Holds The Key To Your Heart" song and dance number from Anastasia which was fine by me.
 A visit to the Pompidou is always a must.
A cool Martial Raysse exhibit was there....
 BUT sorry to say, no exhibit could hold a candle the Henri Cartier-Bresson photography exhibition! Truly inspiring and amazing, especially if you're a photography lover. Grant got a huge kick out of it and I think we can both agree that it was one of our favorite things we experienced on our trip.
 Who's this cute guy?
 No joke, this crepe stand (the best in Paris as far as I can tell) was down the alley from our flat so yeah, we ate there a lot.  Add to this, L'As du Fallafel was even CLOSER to where we were staying (literally 15 steps away) and ughhh amazing, inexpensive, and all together just ridiculously tasty and good. I mean, Lenny Kravitz would never steer you wrong, right?

Check out the new blog! www.permanent-weekend.com

PS: I have two new interviews over at some great blogs:


3 comments:

What's up?

*Had to turn word verification on (even though I personally hate it). I've been getting too many weird spambot comments lately :(